PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! my first time! :(

Your more than likely not going to find a better amp for the 100 range. Don't get me wrong, not saying that is a wonderful amp, entry level, waffle has a point even if he is grumpy...you have to spend ALOT in this hobby. Unless you want to up your amp budget to about 2-3 hundred, I would stick to the one you have lined up. I don't think your going to be really dissatisfied tho. Please don't think I am talking down to you because I'm not, but I doubt you have even sat in a car with really high end audio, just not enough people in the world willing to pay for it, so you cant want what you dont know

well my friends got 3 amps for sale (all cheap cause they're used) so i think im going to look into them before buying the poweracoustic. he said the one is a 1000watt jensen. any good?

all the help you guys are giving out is great. sorry im such a newcomer to this. im not looking to spend excessive amounts on my system since itll only be 1 sub and amp. any recommendations for an amp i could buy used for around $50-100? or a sub i could buy new for around $80-100? like i said it doesnt need to be anything crazy. as long as it works good for what im willing to spend and doesnt sound like sh*t

all the help you guys are giving out is great. sorry im such a newcomer to this. im not looking to spend excessive amounts on my system since itll only be 1 sub and amp. any recommendations for an amp i could buy used for around $50-100? or a sub i could buy new for around $80-100? like i said it doesnt need to be anything crazy. as long as it works good for what im willing to spend and doesnt sound like sh*t
all of us were newcomers at one point. one day you'll help somebody else, that's how it works

for an amplifier, look through the classifieds for something that does between 600 and 1000 watts RMS and costs $100 or less shipped

once you find two or three of them that look good, post them up in this thread and we'll guide you to which one better suits your needs

once you have the amplifier, we can pick a woofer. we'll do the same thing for the woofer

That amp only has 2 40a fuses and is about 60% efficient. I imagine getting no more than 350 true watts out of it. I wouldnt put anything more than a sony xplod on it.
The amp is rated for 600W, assuming you are correct about it's efficiency, it would require 1000W on the DC side to output 600W. At 12.5VDC the amplifier will draw 80 amps, how are two 40amp fuses not adequate?

I would probably, to keep you install easy go with a subwoofer that has single voice coil 4 ohms, that way you can just go pos to pos and neg to neg on the wiring. To answer your question ohm is a measure of resistance and has alot to do with the power output of the amplifier. I would recommend something like a JL w3, it is a good starter subwoofer and pretty clean so it will complement that bose system. As far as hooking it up to you factory HU, this may be a little tricky for someone who doesn't know much about installing. But, what you need is a line out converter and you need to find the base amp, wherever it is in that car try ... for help, and you want to tie the LOC into the front right and left speaker outputs from that amp. The LOC will give you RCA out which you run to the amp. Good luck bud
The PowerAcoustik SP2X-1200 has speaker level inputs so he wont need a LOC, he will just need to find a remote.

I have a MB Quart RAB 1450

The amp is 1 ohm stable so you can run any Voice Coil Config

It is in perfect working shape and 9/10 cosmetically

It would be a great subwoofer amp for you and if you out grow it down the road it should not be hard to resell

$75 shipped to you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.