PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! my first time! :(

youbeenblown
10+ year member

say i have a 1200watt amp. what watt sub should i get to run on it??? (btw its a 1200watt poweracoustic saphire version amp and the sub will be the only sub run off of it. the stock speakers will continue to be ran off the stock amp.) Also i have an audi a4 (year:2000) with a stock headunit (bose) how would i hook this all up. it seems confusing and id like to do it on my own so please give me a little help here people. i really need it. this is my first experience with sound systems

is it 1 ohm or 2 ohm stable?you wanna run 10s 12s 15s what size and how many? also what are you trying to get from your system .sound quality.lots of bass or just some bass to fill in the lack of

that amplifier does 600 watts bridged at 4 ohms

find a woofer that is 600 watts RMS and has either:

A. a single 4 ohm voice coil

B. dual 2 ohm voice coils (to run in series)

C. dual 8 ohm voice coils (to run in parallel)

im going to be running 1 sub off this amp. 8" or 10" to fit the area. what does ohm mean exactly? (sorry i honestly am clueless with this junk). also im looking for soom good sounding bass. hits the lows and highs. dont need anything crazy though. i just like bass

I would probably, to keep you install easy go with a subwoofer that has single voice coil 4 ohms, that way you can just go pos to pos and neg to neg on the wiring. To answer your question ohm is a measure of resistance and has alot to do with the power output of the amplifier. I would recommend something like a JL w3, it is a good starter subwoofer and pretty clean so it will complement that bose system. As far as hooking it up to you factory HU, this may be a little tricky for someone who doesn't know much about installing. But, what you need is a line out converter and you need to find the base amp, wherever it is in that car try Car Alarm, Car Stereo, Mobile Video, and Cruise Control Info for Installers for help, and you want to tie the LOC into the front right and left speaker outputs from that amp. The LOC will give you RCA out which you run to the amp. Good luck bud

so, what i've got so far from all this is i need a sub with 600rms and that it would help if it has a single voice coil 4 ohms. does anybody know of any sub (not to expensive, below $100 would be great) that matches this descripton, and like CivicGti said before, would go well with my stock Bose system???

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

the sub must be 8 or 10" like stated before

do you suggest another amp? (i currently dont own the amp i was going to make a trade for it but i can call it off). im on a budget though so like said above id like to keep prices down

guys ur help really means alot honestly. thanks so much. any other advice you'd happen to have? also the dudes asking 70$ for the amp (again its a 1200watt poweracoustic saphire) do you think its a fair price or should i get something else?

waffle's very grumpy :p anyways like i said my budget is around 100$ each (100 for sub 100 for amp). i'd like something thatll be able to hit the high and low pretty good. a like alot of bass. not to crazy though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.