PLANET AUDIO 2250, 2250 watts @ 1 ohm?

Hey duece212 did you get your amp yet? Mine get's here tomorrow.
How's it working out for ya?

Did it come with a remote bass knob?
Mine shows up tomorrow too. I won't be able to give it a try until about wednesday. Its gonna get ran at 4ohm for about a week, then gonna try cranking it at 1ohm if I think the rli's can take it.

I dunno about a remote sub popper...I don't need one so if it doesn't come with one my feelings won't be hurt.

I got a bb1250.1 recently and it puts out in rms what it is rated as max... most planet audio amps do. If it says it is rated 2200 watts max at 1 ohm, it will put it out continuously, I don't know why they do that.

I got a bb1250.1 recently and it puts out in rms what it is rated as max... most planet audio amps do. If it says it is rated 2200 watts max at 1 ohm, it will put it out continuously, I don't know why they do that.
I was actually hopin it didn't do its "max" as rms.

I don't think it's true though cux I've seen some birthsheets that show around 2000 @ 1 ohm 13 volts. I'll try to have this local shop test mine and see what it does //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Regardless it should push the type R's better then a 1606D by Hifonics which i was originally planning on getting.
So that amp is more efficent than BXI1606D?????????

Will that Planet Audio do what its stated all day? Have you heard 1606D?
I will compare the Hifonics 1606D to the PA 2250D and the Orion Xtreme 1200 and post results soon. I will be using (2) type R's in 5 cubes @ 34hz to do the testing. I'm really not sure if I'll be able to tell the difference between the 3 different amps.

Anyone have some input on the best way to compare these 3 amps, all I can think of is there output at 3/4 gain, heat generated, and quality of sound?

I could also use a voltmeter to see which one is drawing the most current. I have a feeling the Orion with it's 180amps of internal fusing is gonna be a power hog.

Yes I've heard the 1606D, my friend purchased one for his Type R in 2.77 cubes @ 33hz setup that I put together for him...

box1cc2hi4.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SHiZNiLTi

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
SHiZNiLTi
Scottsdale, AZ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date