PLANET AUDIO 2250, 2250 watts @ 1 ohm?

Shiz, check that guys feedback, seems like he puts those 2250's up on a regular basis. Not sure why the guy doesn't just do a multiple buy it now auction.

If the amp is anything like my old vector I'm sure it will be good, refurb is the only thing I'm worried about. I've had two refurbs (from lanzar and directed) that bit me in the ass in the past.

ps...sorry for the snake man, hopefully he throws up some more.

LOL, it's all good I'll bookmark his ebay store and check back later. I'm sure this amp even though its a refurb should last me a long time. I have a feeling that with the ample power it has for my apllication it will be at half gain or so for my Type R's

What is a standard amp repair cost if this amp does fail?

Does PA cover there refurb amps at a flat rate?

Thanks for advice and input.

This seller has a 30 day warranty, so install it immediately and use the sh!t outta it for the first month and hope for the best.

For a while this is getting used on just 2 SS rli-8's. Overkill so the gains will be in check. I needed the extra power for the future when my 3 DD 1008's arrive. Then the amp will really get used.

Oh, and I don't think these have a SSF, so keep that in mind.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I'll buy it tonight. Currently Im at work and I have to use a remote proxy server to get pass the firewall that blocks out ebay espn etc.

I'm gonna risk going with the refurb 2250D over a NIB Hifonics 1606D, this is a good decision right guys?

lol, just ahd to ask another question to kill the time.

FYI...

I just called Planet Audio up at 1 888 990 1236 and the tech said that from his experience they roughly put out around 1800 watts rms @ 1ohm @ 13 volts.

Regardless this still will fit my application perfect.

They also said they will not repair the amp for any cost if something happens to it. Everythign will have to be done through the company on ebay that I purchased it form.

myampys6.jpg

ouch yours does less then mine then
I don't think it's true though cux I've seen some birthsheets that show around 2000 @ 1 ohm 13 volts. I'll try to have this local shop test mine and see what it does //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Regardless it should push the type R's better then a 1606D by Hifonics which i was originally planning on getting.

Can anybody confirm whether or not these amps have a built in SSF? If not I've got some more parts ordering to do.

Also anybody know if these take 4ga or 0ga power wire?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.