placin subs in box

pwr2max
10+ year member

ok heres the deal i have 2 12 in subs and i am facing them up, since i have a hatchback. What happens if i put the subs close to one of the walls rather than in the middle? will it increase or decrease spl or sq? its gonna be a sealed box if that helps. thanx

I just wanted to say about that port that guy said to use. A 2-2 1/2 inch port would in most cases, created unwanted port noise (whistle, etc..). I would go with a bigger port than that. Im not sure of your subs, or the power you will be feeding them, but if you provide me with the cubic feet of the box, the driver, the power at what resistance, and an SPL/SQ desired ratio, i can tell you what size port and everything you need. So, you can get back to me here, PM me, or email me, id be happy to help.

ok im puttin 2 jl 12wo (8ohm) facing up (hatchback) and power them with 250 watts @ 4ohms. the box has to be at max 8.5 in high and 20.25 in depth. the max width is 38 in. so what size port(s) would i need? as far as spl and sq prob the maxium amount that these dimensions can allow, prob leaning a little more towards the spl side but still with decent sq so like 60spl/40sq.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.