slot port

Participant count
  • Participant list

snitchelgroovin
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
how do these slot ports work? i was thinking of getting a 12w6v2 and going ported. they tell me that i should build my own box, but i really dont know how to tune it, except that the hole has to be real big, and it should go back about 15 or more inches making my box real big. i would like to save space, and im told that on the slot, you just wrap it around the inside to get it as long as you want... will this sound a good as the circle ported?

anything else i should know about it, feel free to say something

height i have about 14.5

depth about 18

width about 17 (all these are max)

i was thinking of getting about a 14x16x18(or17)

overall i need about 1.5, 1.6 cubic feet after displacement

i kinda understand... im getting some cdt HD for my front, and lets say they drop off at 70hz... then i change the freq on the amp so that the subsonic filter is at 30, and the (i dont know what you call it) high is at 70... right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.