Pioneer Vs Alpine Vs Eclipse

I did not say all anywhere in there. I never had any noise issues either with my 880. Still does not change the fact that so many have experienced the dreaded Pico Fuse Pioneer problem. Its a design flaw but most people that have the issue because its user error or not understanding the issue and how to avoid it before they make the mistake. There are many threads on this topic and many to help users not make the mistake.

It is a problem on the Pioneers period. Just do a search on here, DIY, ECA and others.

I did not say all nor mean all Pioneers but there are several models with the noise issue and way more than there should be.IMO

I still do not see the word "all" anywhere in there. Okay thanks.

Here is a good discussion on the Pico Fuse topic:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13889&highlight=Pico+Fuse

I did not say all anywhere in there. I never had any noise issues either with my 880. Still does not change the fact that so many have experienced the dreaded Pico Fuse Pioneer problem. Its a design flaw but most people that have the issue because its user error or not understanding the issue and how to avoid it before they make the mistake. There are many threads on this topic and many to help users not make the mistake.
It is a problem on the Pioneers period. Just do a search on here, DIY, ECA and others.

I did not say all nor mean all Pioneers but there are several models with the noise issue and way more than there should be.IMO

I still do not see the word "all" anywhere in there. Okay thanks.

Here is a good discussion on the Pico Fuse topic:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13889&highlight=Pico+Fuse
I NEVER said you meant it in any way. I just stated that you said it like you meant all of them.

No noise issues like the pioneers,
You tell me what that is supposed to mean. Or better yet tell me how you think others would take it. The 3 words "like the pioneers" implies that you're generalizing ALL Pioneer headunits to have noise issues.

Anyway, don't take offense because I didn't mean any. As a Pioneer guy I will be the first to admit that Pioneer has NOT helped themselves in the public's perception of their reliablility.

Another deck to look at for the bang for the buck like the 880 is the DXZ775USB. No noise issues like the pioneers, you just have to get past the looks.

Yes, I had the 880 was a good bang for the buck deck but did not prefer it to other things on the market.
Here is the full statement which if cut out the rest of it then it can be interpreted the way you have suggested.

Yes, If I had written only the bolded area with out the first sentence then yes you have a valid point and I would agree.

Another deck to look at for the bang for the buck like the 880 is the DXZ775USB. No noise issues like the pioneers, you just have to get past the looks.
If you check out the link you will see there are other Pioneer models with the same issue. I like Pioneer and I will probably run a P9 Combo as my next set-up. People should be aware of the issues with the Pico Fuse so they don't make the same mistakes others have made.

No offense taken I just wanted to clear up that I was not talking about all Pioneers since it was being perceived that way. Which, I think I have cleared up any misunderstanding of how the statement was intended.

give it a rest adamyou always get your panties in a bunch over stupid sh!t
I can't really see how this concerns you but if you feel you have to jump my **** over it then get in line.

BTW, my panties were NOT in a bunch. We weren't arguing.

Nothing pioneer related ever concerns you.

You just feel the need to comment on every negative thing anyone says.

Its getting old and no one gives a rats ass.

Nothing pioneer related ever concerns you.You just feel the need to comment on every negative thing anyone says.

Its getting old and no one gives a rats ass.
Yet you felt the need to chime in.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

The only thing that bothers me is generalizations. Period.

Me and adam are good. I never saw it as a big deal. We where just having a discussion and we where both still putting out information along the way. I did not want this to turn in an argument nor do I think adam did either. We both made our statements and in the end it appears everything worked out fine.

I have not been on here long enough to know if there is some sort of history between you to so I am out of anything else that goes on in this thread.

Me and adam are good. I never saw it as a big deal. We where just having a discussion and we where both still putting out information along the way. I did not want this to turn in an argument nor do I think adam did either. We both made our statements and in the end it appears everything worked out fine.
I have not been on here long enough to know if there is some sort of history between you to so I am out of anything else that goes on in this thread.
No, it's cool. I can't say there is ANY history or bad feelings between me and Supa. I just tend to be argumentive at times. He's been around a long time as I have so he's seen a lot on this forum. No big deal.

Yet you felt the need to chime in.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

The only thing that bothers me is generalizations. Period.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/terrible.gif.e9b53a6590ea930b9d2be5020e6e9cd6.gif

That DXZ775USB is butt ugly to me and I can not stand buttons for volume control. I have had a couple of clarions, 9255 and a 835mp. Loved the 9255 but was not impressed at all with the 835mp. I want to try the 9887 but just cant seam to get rid of my 9835 for it. The next deck I get will be either a 9255, 9887 or Eclipse 8053. hey Babs when you going to get a 9887?
Another testimony why I wish Clarion would get some head units between their low-end stuff and their flagship. Seems to be a HUGE gap between the 9255 and everything else they sell.. in my humble opinion.. For clarion SQ and buildQ, it's the 9255 or nothing at all it seems.

On me getting a 9887.. I'm in a holding pattern.. The wife and I have been figuring out what to do with her car (04 Sienna XLE.. If interested I've got a nice clean one for sale).. But we've been even considering her taking my roll (07 Forester XT Ltd) and it being replaced with something else after the van sells, so until we get it worked out, I'm on freeze pattern for HU's... I'll be slowly accumulating amps and other stuff as I can but this car thing has my car-tunes fix in a bigtime slump. But I was even still considering the PXE-H650 (with the similar tech as the 9887) but still leary about the SQ in comparison to stand-alone mid-fi SQ-ish head units.

And on the pioneers.. I still wouldn't rule out an 880 myself.. I think I read more about people talking about ground or noise issues a whole lot more than people that actually sure enough have some noise issue... I think that thing has blown way out of proportion, via story-distortion.

Johny knicked his thumb... told someone, who told someone else... by the time the 50th person was told, Johny had cut his leg off. It was hot one day... global warming. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Plus... PPM (parts per million)... How many 880's are out there playing beautifully compared to the numbers of issues? How many other brands with issues, in comparison.

I'd have no problem owning the 880.

Coulda asked Gordon to contact Kevin for his Nak. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
ah, I didn't hear anything about a nak being for sale. I just went with the 9887 and am waiting for imprint to be released. I wanted to try it out and so far I like the HU, just wish it was motorized @ this price point.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Edit: maybe I did I just didn't get a price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.