Pioneer Sound Retriever to use or not to use?

Fi_
10+ year member

King of Diamonds
Fryeburg
So I've been tuning my system with this option off but have been looking up a ton about it and I hear that it enhaces compressed tracks to sound near CD quality by filling in the blanks so to say... Well my question is is this just another form of bass boost? Because if I go from Off to say Level 2 on Sound Retriever the bass gets a lot cleaner and louder and obviously my voltage drops more.

So I was going to retune my system with it set on Level 2 to make sure I wasn't clipping I'm just wondering if I should just keep it off or use it and tune my system with it on?

Yeah... So anyone actually use this if I don't get a reponse I'm just gonna go ahead and retune with it on tommorow, I would like to avoid doing it for nothing if it's a big waste of time.

I used mine on 1 back on my Pioneer DD. I look at it as a lesser form of the "LOUDNESS" feature. All it really does is slightly boost ("restore") high and low freqs that may be lost in compressed music files. With it off, since alot of my music is mp3s, some songs sounded dead. Level 2, sounded too "boosted" ,bass was too heavy. Level 1 suited me perfectly. Ever so slight boost in the lows, more pronounced highs.

Ok I just retuned my system with it on level 2 it actually does seem a little cleaner and slightly louder my voltage even dropped a little less, hmm is this magic? haha

So I've been tuning my system with this option off but have been looking up a ton about it and I hear that it enhaces compressed tracks to sound near CD quality by filling in the blanks so to say... Well my question is is this just another form of bass boost? Because if I go from Off to say Level 2 on Sound Retriever the bass gets a lot cleaner and louder and obviously my voltage drops more.

So I was going to retune my system with it set on Level 2 to make sure I wasn't clipping I'm just wondering if I should just keep it off or use it and tune my system with it on?
Idk whether u gonna watch this old post but i use sound retriever option ON for all of my music/movies..ect honestly it works so good but u need to have a good and sensitive speakers to understand thr difference

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...