Pioneer RCA preout protection - Cant find the page

Participant count
  • Participant list

scoob8000
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Since the search function ***** and only is showing pre-2007 posts I have to ask...

I'm about to buy a new pioneer deck, but I recall someone came up with a way to prevent you from accidently blowing the pico-fuse for the RCA's.

I can't remember what it was, was it just building an adapter and grounding the shields of the rca cables to the chassis of the deck or was it something more complex?

Thanks for the obvious answer. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'm pretty sure the solution was to ground the shields of the cables at the deck, whatever it was, it was very simple and cheap protection just in case...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.