Pioneer Pro Champion Series vs. Sundown Audio?

dmagic
10+ year member

Chicago
Please help me, I need to choose between these two subs and i don't know which is better. I heard they are both pretty good. If anyone ever owned these or knows about them, please help me out.

Pioneer TS-W3002d2 or Sundown Audio SA-12 (D4 or D2?)

What would be a good enclosure for either sub?

Also, I was going to power it with either a Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D or Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1D

Last but not least, should i run 4 gauge or 0 gauge wiring?

thanks! Any help is appreciated.

No experience with the Pioneer so I gotta vote sundown as I'm sure a lot of other members and the usual nuthuggers will as well. I kinda wonder if the Pioneer will take more power though....hmm..... Anyway....

As for box, go ported and get one professionally designed...check the vendor section for good builders and designers.

I wouldn't run either of those Amps....what's your amp budget? Would u buy used?

I'd just run 0 gauge that way u don't need to upgrade later

Run0g wire just incase you decide to upgrade to more Power later.

My buddy has the sa 12 in 1.6 cubes tuned to 32 hz on only 600 watts and get loud and low.

Also as far as amps even though it is all over the audio pipe 1500 is an amazing value. Can't remember where it is but with the. Coupon code it was around 115 shipped with warranty.

I've run the premier and they are good. They also get loud and low on given power. I'm thinking about/planning to buy a set and pump 3k to them. Gonna be nasty. I've used them when they first debuted and still love them.

Okay which amp should i get out of these and can you suggest any that are good under $200?

SOUNDSTREAM RUB1.1000D- Can get for $150

KICKER DX 500.1- Can get for $158

F700-1 CADENCE 1600w max- Can get for $130

yea givin pioneers reputation for subs the premiers actually hold their own. they can take power and get good and loud but you wont find one with a warranty from pioneer since they are more than two years old even if the are nib pioneer wont warranty them

and besides the sundown looks better performs as expected every time, has great customer service, and can be re-coned relatively cheap. id go sundown. hell i might even put 2 z18s in my truck when it paid off.

Ive owned that pioneer before. Itll get loud and pretty low too. I ran mine on 1400 watts rms and did it did pretty good. Then I did a sub swap to the aq hdc3. I gained a good 2-3 dbs. lol

My vote will be the sundown sa-12. Are you getting it brand new? For a little bit more, you can get the audioque hdc3. Just my opinion though. Either way, both subs are good.

EDIT: I dont see where everyone is getting premier from? Pioneer doesnt make premier anymore.

Alright i think i'm gonna get 1 Sundown Sa-12.

What would be the best amp for under $200 to power them? (including the ones i posted above)

Also i checked everywhere online to get a nice ported box specifically for the sa-12 but couldn't find any. Can you recommend any enclosures that wil be good.

Thanks!

Alright i think i'm gonna get 1 Sundown Sa-12.
What would be the best amp for under $200 to power them? (including the ones i posted above)

Also i checked everywhere online to get a nice ported box specifically for the sa-12 but couldn't find any. Can you recommend any enclosures that wil be good.

Thanks!
There a ton of people on here that build...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.