Pioneer Premier Head Units.

i've owned the 880prs (same functionally as the 800prs) the alpine 9887, a top of the line (2007 model) kenwood deck, and the clarion drz955mc. as far as looks and using the thing everyday goes, i liked the alpine the best, but the crossovers on the pioneer can't be beaten without going to something much more expensive, like the 9255 clarion, or an external processor like the alpine h701.

i got a lower end pioneer around christmas 2002 and i loved it! sadly i left it along with my components in my car after it got totalled july last year. about 2 months ago i got another pioneer, i think its the 4000BU or something, and it has a hard time playing cds with even the littlest scratches on them. the 02 model i had could play ANYTHING. i have 300+ cds and i take good care of all of them and i only had a few that the old unit would get hung up on. it only had 1 set of pre outs so i did kinda need an upgrade. though right now i only have a 2 chan amp for my components anyway!

anyone else have any complaints about the new pioneers? the only other thing besides the cd tracking is the audio menu button which is also the volume knob and track seek button. lots of times ill start the track over when i go to push in the knob and thats kind of annoying. i gotta plant the rest of my fingers on the h/u for stability haha.

is there some kind of laser cleaner disk i can buy for my h/u? i think ive seen em before but do they actually work?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.