Pioneer Or Alpine - Models Inside. Help.

i just put a pioneer 6000ub in my car, and i was between that and the 6900ub and the 9886... from my point of view, i made the wrong choice and will be upgrading to a 9887 at some point over the summer.

I got it because i ended up getting it for 150 bucks, but i would rather have spent near 300 for 9886.... it was a beginner head unit, and the 9886 is just better for those who dont entirely know how to tweak stuff yet. I have been messing with all kinds of things and am now just on the verge of getting it to sound "right".. had i gotten the 9886, i wouldve been satisfied with the built in EQing options and then after getting my new speakers and such i could just get the imprint, and save money as opposed to buying the 6000ub and then the 9887 which is what i plan on doing...

In my mind, buy the 9886 and if you get bored of it then you can just get imprint and you basically have a new HU, not to mention the build quality on the Alpine is just there over the pioneers.

well **** ive only had my pioneer for a few months now. think its the 4000ub but its pissing me off because it seems to have lots of trouble playing through minor scratches on my CDs. my last pioneer was AWESOME at this but i left it in my old car.

how good are alpine h/u's with minor scratched cds? im not sure i want to sell my pioneer so soon but ****it it makes me angry. any other pioneer users have this problem?

well **** ive only had my pioneer for a few months now. think its the 4000ub but its pissing me off because it seems to have lots of trouble playing through minor scratches on my CDs. my last pioneer was AWESOME at this but i left it in my old car.
how good are alpine h/u's with minor scratched cds? im not sure i want to sell my pioneer so soon but ****it it makes me angry. any other pioneer users have this problem?
yea my pioneer is starting to piss me off with cds...its starting to burn or melt the plastic on the cds and its starting to make them unplayable....i would say its my subs fault but they arent scratches...it looks like someone took a lighter to the cds and burned spots in them...

next HU shall def be a alpine....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.