Boost Line Out Volatge

Participant count
  • Participant list

REAudio2001
10+ year member

Michigan
Hey,

I do not know how to spell voltage in title sorry lol!!!! My head unit only has 2 Volt preouts. What devices are there to increase this before it reaches amps. I would like to have higher output, so I can run my gain lower and have a cleaner signal. Im not sure but did I hear somewhere the Epic 160 does this. Anyways whatever ideas you have let me know. Thanks in advance!!!!

I think he wants the specific names of some devices. Audiocontrol Matrix or Overdrive would do it. Audiocontrol crossovers and equalizers too. Pretty much anything Audiocontrol.

it can only boost the original source signal...so like copying from tape to CD, its still tape quality, and can NEVER exceed source quality. Unless you're building an SQ only system, i wouldn't spend the money on a line driver. And since your headunit only has 2volt out, you probably aren't going for SQ.

Save money, spend it on a better AMP!

it can only boost the original source signal...so like copying from tape to CD, its still tape quality, and can NEVER exceed source quality. Unless you're building an SQ only system, i wouldn't spend the money on a line driver. And since your headunit only has 2volt out, you probably aren't going for SQ.
Save money, spend it on a better AMP!

I did not even mention my amp lol My amp is not the problem I just wanted a higher signal to the amp. Guess it really doesn't matter but thanks!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.