Pioneer Headunits. Which one had Pause?

Korn4Life
5,000+ posts

SUB LOVE
PA
Ok I have a Pioneer Premier DEH-790BT and for the life of me I cannot find anyway to pause the unit. Im thinking the feature dosent exist. So my question is What Pioneer Headunits (Not the lower end stuff) have a Pause button or Pause feature? Im not looking for a mute button either... I would also like it to be able to be unpaused from the remote of possible.... Thanks for the help

Pioneer is stupid, in that regard.

They either have them on the face, or buried in a menu. Two of the main reasons I ditched my 880PRS, both the pause and mute features, were in a menu instead of on the face. Granted they were both on the remote, but I never use remotes for HUs.

The pause button is located on the new head unit you are going to replace that garbage with.
that garbage is 1 of the 2 most popular deck brands in the lanes !

to answer the ? the remote has a button that says pgm on it that pauses it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

PIONEER PREMIER FTW MOFO'S

alpine and eclipse decks were unusable in our spl car because anything higher than 135 db they would skip the 690ub we switched to has been good to over 150+ in 100's of cars in the lanes.

The pause button is located on the new head unit you are going to replace that garbage with.
Are ya kidding me? Where else can you get a Headunit with Bluetooth and the IPOD interface built right into it for under the price of the 790? Its pretty awsome to have 8000+ songs to choose from using the IPOD but then when I want to play music off of my phone I just push a button and what ya know Im playing songs through the Bluetooth... U must love ALpine... They make a nice unit but Pioneer are just better IMO

i had a pioneer 880prs and if i remember correctly it had a pause function on the remote... i dont think it had one on the faceplate though

my p7800mp has a pause function in the menu but there is a "pgm" or something like that button on the remote that pauses playback without having to go through the menu. on another front the cd-ub100 usb adapter that i was so happy to purchase was a massive let down. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I'm not calling all Pioneer garbage. Yes, they do have some neat features. I just think it's inexcusable to not have a pause button on the face of a HU. It's like not putting a volume button on the side of a cell phone. It's a strong personal preference.

As for the remote .... well I don't find myself going to it. It sits in the center console.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.