Pioneer GM-D8604 Amp Dyno

Jeez.... I'm getting old timers... I'll just add that one to my database. Got some time on my hands ATM if you'd like I can try to whip one up to your preferred measurements/dimensions... sorry

My current box is 22w x 14h x 14.5d. Have plenty more room on the w and d. Uses 2 3" ports firing out the side. Tuned around 36hz. I'd rather have a slot port firing back. 

Looks like that second box would be 2.03ft3 net at 34.96hz according to winisd... on a 750 watt amp (that's what I used the 1st time) everything looks pretty good to me.

Just a little displacement change...  that's pretty much all I saw as far as the different sub was concerned (using the TS-W3003D4). Again...It looks good.

Think that one would work for your vehicle?

Last edited by a moderator:
That last one looked nice to me... I'd do it if it was my vehicle. 

A lot if debating went into the 1st attempt (other thread... yes... I remember)... that one ought to be about right imo.

Yeah I will probably keep it for now. Had the RF501bd but it took a dump. The GTR-1001 I have now doesn't have a ssf but don't need it for what I play. 

Eventually get a D2 of a different brand and run the amp at 4ohm for 700+ watts its all I need. 

I was talking about the second design above... if you'd like more output increasing port area/volume ought to do it and that one above models-up well.

It's not going to sound inaccurate Imo... that one ought to be fine above.

Nice and punchy with decent low end.

Last edited by a moderator:
So on a Side note, I just swapped out my CT 500.2 today which is supposed to be 800 x 2 at 2 ohms. I  put in the pioneer GM 8604 running at 2 ohms bridged aka 1 ohms each channel.  First off, its a lot noisier than the CT, which had very slight noise.   I'll do something to fix this... Now for Performance, it gets just as loud and slightly less SQ in a direct swap, After tuning which required a 1db 2khz and 3.15khz bump (they were negatives before.) in the EQ, they sound pretty much the same as the CT.   Here's the real reason why I swapped. At 1 ohm operation its runs ice cold and is 1/4 the size of the CT 500.2.and drops less voltage. Overall super happy with the swap.

Any issues running this amp at 3 ohms or 2 ohms stereo? I have heard people say that class d type amps aren't as good running loads under 4 ohm stereo compared to an a/b class not sure if those are older amps or the newer ones also?

Any issues running this amp at 3 ohms or 2 ohms stereo? I have heard people say that class d type amps aren't as good running loads under 4 ohm stereo compared to an a/b class not sure if those are older amps or the newer ones also?
it depends on the type of amp. I'm running this thing at 2 ohms bridged which is 1 ohms per channel when you factor it out and at best it gets slightly warmer than room temperature. Zero issues so far.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.