Pioneer GM-D8604 Amp Dyno

Something like 7/8 would be more appropriate these days, or just get a scope lol

The JVC I use goes up to 44/50 on 0db tones. Lots of people use -5 but I dont. I feel like it'd clip but I could be wrong

In the manual for the 8604 it shows using R+ of channel A and R- of channel B to power the right speaker and L+ of channel B and L- of channel A to power the left speaker. What is the difference between wiring it this way vs using just channel A or B? 

My gain is set to normal and seems I can go even higher. Manual says set to H for 4v and to Normal for 500mv. My Kenwood KDC-x597 is 4v but at 26/35 volume it must only make 1v-2v for my gain to be set that high.

My only gripes are the slot in the gain knob should be cut deeper to prevent stripping and the wire holes face downward rather than straight out

I might add the GM-D9601 in the future to power my TS-W3003D4
yeah 9601 at 2 ohm should be good for the 3003 i still have one..step son may get it next month.. i had over 900rms to 1 for 7-8 months no problem.. mine is just in a $70 prefab tuned at 35hz after all displacements really perfect for that sub..

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought the JBL GTR-1001 instead. I wanted some headroom but this amp is like twice the rms tested like 1200+. I have the gain all the way down and still have to lower the sub control volume on the head unit to limit power output. 

The GTR-601 would have been better matched. Still does 800+. A 9601 does like 1k.

My 3003 is in a 1.62 cf @ 36 hz. I only play heavy metal on it. Is playing rap bad for that high of tuning? Whats a good tuning for a bit of everything?

My electrical is stock nothing upgraded. The amp does 700+ @ 4 ohms. Eventually will get a dual 2 ohm sub. The 3003 is good for what it is but it's no Fi, SA, IDQ, etc

My 3003 is in a 1.62 cf @ 36 hz. I only play heavy metal on it. Is playing rap bad for that high of tuning? Whats a good tuning for a bit of everything?
No SSF on that?  Strange.

Regardless, 36 is pretty average.  From the plots I've looked at tuning usually has to change quite a bit to see (hear) a noticeable difference in performance.  Unless you're cranking out ultra low stuff at full volume or close to it I wouldn't worry about it.  You'd have to get well into the 20's before anything gets weird.

No SSF on the JBL, the Infinity K1000 version does though. I didn't use the one on my RF 501BD that had a fixed 20hz on/off switch. I don't blast my music so should be ok. We ported subs back in the day without a SSF. 

Bought the JBL GTR-1001 instead. I wanted some headroom but this amp is like twice the rms tested like 1200+. I have the gain all the way down and still have to lower the sub control volume on the head unit to limit power output. 

The GTR-601 would have been better matched. Still does 800+. A 9601 does like 1k.

My electrical is stock nothing upgraded. The amp does 700+ @ 4 ohms. Eventually will get a dual 2 ohm sub. The 3003 is good for what it is but it's no Fi, SA, IDQ, etc
yep thats what i had until i got the fu750 did same thing got d2 sub.. that 300rms or so increase after rise with bigger motor made a difference

yeah 9601 at 2 ohm should be good for the 3003 i still have one..step son may get it next month.. i had over 900rms to 1 for 7-8 months no problem.. mine is just in a $70 prefab tuned at 35hz after all displacements really perfect for that sub..
Which prefab do you have? What’s the airspace after sub and port displacements? 

What is the recommended ported box tuned to in the manual, 1.5 cf w/ 3”x 6” port? Seems small to me

Which prefab do you have? What’s the airspace after sub and port displacements? 

What is the recommended ported box tuned to in the manual, 1.5 cf w/ 3”x 6” port? Seems small to me
well i did have 900 rms on mine box was 1.65 cfad tuned about 36hz.. i think the say 33hz  but after sub 35-36 is closer, if running less power like 500rms get the next one like it up it's 2cf total be 1.90 or so after sub but it'd doesn't need more airspace than other box if u have 750 rms or more https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-SINGLE-1-75-Cu-Ft-PORTED-L-VENTED-3-4-MDF-BLACK-SUBWOOFER-SUB-ENCLOSURE-BOX/282600080758?hash=item41cc470576:g:Vm8AAOSwpRRWn1jz:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!28326!US!-1

I may just copy the dimensions from that 1.75 cf box and build my own. I listen to metal most of the time so don't need it tuned low. 
Why copy a prefab?.. this was for a RF P500X2 (700 watts). I can resend the plans if you'd like... just pm me an email. 

2JBN3q.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.