Pioneer GM-A4704 Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

TadeloOrbit

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi,

I was working on my car yesterday with a setup I’ve had going for quite awhile now. As I was putting everything back together I noticed something.

I have a Pioneer GM-A4704 amp powering 4 x Pioneer 6.5” speakers. I was double checking polarity using a DMM before closing everything up when I realized one speaker was in reverse polarity.

Upon further inspection and testing it appears the reverse polarity was coming directly from the AMP output for that speaker. I unplugged all inputs into the amp and checked again and still the polarity was reversed directly at the output of the AMP for only that one speaker. 

The terminals are setup like this:

Channel A   +   -  |  -  +   <~ this one reverse

Channel B   +   -  |  -  +

What would cause this only on 1 speaker?

Any suggestions?

Could this be a electrical issue with the amp?

Do you think I should just reverse the wires for this one particular speaker so the polarity is correct according to the DMM? 

The speak itself may have been reversed but even if the amp is doing it, its normally no issue just switch positive and negative and roll with it.

Does the amp have a phase switch? This could cause that as wiil

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.