Pioneer avh-x3500bhs turns on and off randomly.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have an 06 Mustang V6. (About 150,000 miles) (Base model just a simple factory single cd was stock) My new head unit keeps turning off and on. It has never done this before it started last week and it happens randomly. I can go a day with one or two turn offs or it turns on and off many times in a few minutes. The memory is retained and I don't have to reset the time or presets or anything and it plays from where it left off. It worked fine 8 to 9 months now it's doing this. We have removed the head unit and checked for cracks on the wires taped anything that could be grounding out with electrical tape just to be extra sure. But it must be grounding out somewhere or shorted or maybe a bad wire. I bought everything from Crutchfield it included a wire harness and easy instructions. Even had my best friend install who regularly installs stereos do the installation. We are both at a lost. I recently replaced the battery about two months ago with a Optima Yellow Top to make sure I can keep going strong before this problem even happened. Could the extra amps be shorting out the stereo. I have heard rumors about the yellow tops causing electrical issues. But why now and not when I installed the battery it was almost 250 for the new battery.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif I also have 4 three way pioneer aftermarket speakers hooked up as well. In the last year I had the alternator replaced and the starter by my mechanic and never had any trouble with his work nor do I think that's the issue. Sorry if my post is long I just wanted to cover all the areas throughly. Let me know if you need anymore information and thanks for your time.

Our

I have an 06 Mustang V6. (About 150,000 miles) (Base model just a simple factory single cd was stock) My new head unit keeps turning off and on. It has never done this before it started last week and it happens randomly. I can go a day with one or two turn offs or it turns on and off many times in a few minutes. The memory is retained and I don't have to reset the time or presets or anything and it plays from where it left off. It worked fine 8 to 9 months now it's doing this. We have removed the head unit and checked for cracks on the wires taped anything that could be grounding out with electrical tape just to be extra sure. But it must be grounding out somewhere or shorted or maybe a bad wire. I bought everything from Crutchfield it included a wire harness and easy instructions. Even had my best friend install who regularly installs stereos do the installation. We are both at a lost. I recently replaced the battery about two months ago with a Optima Yellow Top to make sure I can keep going strong before this problem even happened. Could the extra amps be shorting out the stereo. I have heard rumors about the yellow tops causing electrical issues. But why now and not when I installed the battery it was almost 250 for the new battery.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif I also have 4 three way pioneer aftermarket speakers hooked up as well. In the last year I had the alternator replaced and the starter by my mechanic and never had any trouble with his work nor do I think that's the issue. Sorry if my post is long I just wanted to cover all the areas throughly. Let me know if you need anymore information and thanks for your time.
I had the same issue with the same 3500, the thing went south on me. Had to replace it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.