5 Channel to factory HU

Hi! I bought a 5 channel amp and I had a quick question regarding the installation of this amp to the factory radio of my 2010 ford f150 xlt with sync(with the basic sereo system).

I want to hook up 4 speakers plus 1 subwoofer. I know I have to convert the high level signal of the radio to low level and then the amp. I got myself two low level converters, one with 4 rca outs for the 4 speakers and one with 2 rca outs for the sub.

Now my question is this: Tell me if i'm wrong but I think I have to take the wires + and - from the LF speaker and feed the low level converter, this will be transformed to low level so I can feed my amp to the first channel with the rca's. Next I have to do the same for the RF, the RR and the LR speaker. But what do I do for the sub? Do I have to split the RR and LR speaker wires and then feed my second low level converter and then to my amp?

I hope the way I explain is good but if you have anything that needs to be explain better please let me know.

Thank you for the answer

ok, thanks e1 for your replies, but I don't want to have a processor or something like that because I already have my loc and I know I could install a new HU, but I want to keep my stock radio. Now the question was that I wanted to know if I was correct saying that: I have to take the wires + and - from the LF speaker and feed the*low level converter, this will be transformed to low level so I can feed my amp to the first channel with the rca's. Next I have to do the same for the RF, the RR and the LR speaker. But what do I do for the sub? Do I have to split the RR and LR*speaker*wires*and then feed my second*low level converter*and then to my amp?

Thanks again for your other replies.

ok, thanks e1 for your replies, but I don't want to have a processor or something like that because I already have my loc and I know I could install a new HU, but I want to keep my stock radio. Now the question was that I wanted to know if I was correct saying that: I have to take the wires + and - from the LF speaker and feed the*low level converter, this will be transformed to low level so I can feed my amp to the first channel with the rca's. Next I have to do the same for the RF, the RR and the LR speaker. But what do I do for the sub? Do I have to split the RR and LR*speaker*wires*and then feed my second*low level converter*and then to my amp?
Thanks again for your other replies.
What Loc do you have?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.