Pioneer AppRadio questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

lilfilboi123

Hi so I'm looking to buy an AppRadio over the summer, preferably when the new AppRadio 3 comes out. I currently have an iPhone 4s but I am getting a new phone in October/November, and i am not entirely sure if I am getting another iPhone (5s or whatever comes out over the summer), or an Android (most likely Samsung GS4). I understand that for apps to work with the AppRadio I need the right cables, and since I will change phones in a few months, I will need to switch cables. Now that brings me to other questions...

I am certain I am buying the AppRadio 3 over the summer. But in order for apps to work with my current iPhone 4s, I will need to use that cable. Is it worth it to buy that cable to use until October/November and then buy another cable when I need to? Or should I not buy a cable at all and just make do with just the radio for a couple of months?

How much do these cables cost? Is it an easy installation? I am probably going to let Bestbuy do the installation. I understand I am just switching one cable so that is all I would have to pay for plus labor?

Also, for those of you who have the AppRadio, what OS works better with it? iOS? or Android? How is it with a jailbroken iPhone or ARliberator? This might lean me to pick one phone over the other. And how is it with just a regular iPhone or Android? Is it better if I Jailbreak it or add ARliberator?

I've seen videos on Youtube about people who have use a samsung allshare cast dongle with their S3 to do everything wirelessly. Is that an option for me? would it cost more?

And now that the AppRadio 3 has mirrorlink connectivity, is that compatible with either the iPhone 5(s) or the S4? How would mirrorlink work with the AppRadio?

Sorry for all the questions this is my first post and I just really want to make the right choice.

no i haven't why?
I thought about going the same route before I bought my Pioneer DD (AVH-X5500BHS). A family member bought one and after messing with it, I decided against it. Now, I don't know what the App Radio 3 will look like but this one just have a very "cheap" feel & look to it. It also have a lot of lag time when connecting to BT. This was 8mths ago and since them he has had to return to have it replaced bacause of various problems with it. I'm not trying to talk you out of it, just do some research on it before you make your final pick. There have been a few reveiws throughout the forums (good & bad) about the app radio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.