Nexus7 as HU, will this work?

Theoretically it would work, but using the 3.5mm cables will sound like garbage add in an amplifier to magnify that crappy signal and you have a recipe for a bad listening experience.

Theoretically it would work, but using the 3.5mm cables will sound like garbage add in an amplifier to magnify that crappy signal and you have a recipe for a bad listening experience.
Thanks for your advise. Then, what do you recommend?

What should I do to get good listening experience?

You could run it through a head unit. I connected my in dash iPad through my HU via a/v cables. I know you could convert over to digital for SQ but that get's pricey.

i don't see what all the hate on a 3.5mm jack is for. just b/c he uses a headphone jack doesn't mean he's going to have bad sound quality. sound quality is more dependent on the actual source it originates from. if he is using a good recording than going through a headphone jack and the unit producing the sound doesn't distort that source he should be fine. i've done a few systems using an iPod or the like, using the headphone jack into a 1/2 din eq. all sounded just fine.

I ran a tablet (aka mp3 car) for years. Absolutely loved it, was windows based though. I'm now convinced that age is over. With HU's like AVIC and what not. I made a thread on that here ( ok never mind I can post urls ), see my only other thread.

If you go the mp3 car route and have questions, ask I have a lot of experience in it.

i don't see what all the hate on a 3.5mm jack is for. just b/c he uses a headphone jack doesn't mean he's going to have bad sound quality. sound quality is more dependent on the actual source it originates from. if he is using a good recording than going through a headphone jack and the unit producing the sound doesn't distort that source he should be fine. i've done a few systems using an iPod or the like, using the headphone jack into a 1/2 din eq. all sounded just fine.
I actually listen only high quality mp3 files or flac files. This is also why I'm trying to start this project.

It does mean it will be bad quality. 3.5mm outputs are known to sound like crap. Even the best 3.5mm output will not sound as good as headunit setup properly without dumping gobs of money into it.

I ran a tablet (aka mp3 car) for years. Absolutely loved it, was windows based though. I'm now convinced that age is over. With HU's like AVIC and what not. I made a thread on that here ( ok never mind I can post urls ), see my only other thread.
If you go the mp3 car route and have questions, ask I have a lot of experience in it.
Do you have any ideas about connecting steering wheel control to tablet? I saw someone did it with Arduino BT.

i think only hardcore audiophiles will be able to hear the difference between 3mm and a dock caues when i use my ipod the 3mm sounds just as good as running it thru a usb

My galaxy note 2's 3.5mm jack runs straight into my audison bit ten d and it sounds great.

It sounds just as good as the USB in the head unit.

Eagle - Hotel California Live sounds amazing running from my Note.

Flac files sound great though the phone.

I think if the OP wanted ultra high end sound he wouldn't be running a tablet in the dash.

I think you will be very happy with the sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Sung

Sung
Boston, MA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
ulao