pioneer 80prs ? and alpine 9887 ?

False. Pico fuse can blow at any time. Ive seen and read stories about it happening. Ive seen stories where if the battery on your car dies or alternator goes out it takes the Pico with it. 

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

United Radio
Can you find anyone talking about the pico on the 80 going out?

Can you find anyone talking about the pico on the 80 going out?
Sure. The other audio site that specializes in SQ has some.

Only seen one mention ever. Most cats that spend the money on these are savvy about not doing stupid things that can cause it to blow.
Savvy or not doesnt matter. The pico can blow at any time and for any reason whether you hot swap RCA"s or not.

True, but the hot swapping is usually the main culprit. I read about one that went because the guy was switching from full to hp on the amp.
Ive seen where they go out for having a bad plate in the battery or the battery draining to far.

I spent time on Diyma and never saw anything.
Must not be enough time. Ive been a member since 2009 and spend maybe 30 minutes once a week on there and have seen threads on it.

Ive seen where they go out for having a bad plate in the battery or the battery draining to far.

Must not be enough time. Ive been a member since 2009 and spend maybe 30 minutes once a week on there and have seen threads on it.
False. Pico fuse can blow at any time. Ive seen and read stories about it happening. Ive seen stories where if the battery on your car dies or alternator goes out it takes the Pico with it. 

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

United Radio

Hmmm. My battery died twice(front battery died and took the rear with it.) and I've jump started my buddy a couple times with no issues.

I didn't read all the posts but the 80prs, as far as I know, doesn't have the pico fuse issue. Even if it did, the simple thing to do is disconnect the negative battery terminal on your battery and then you don't have to worry about it blowing.

I've had the 800prs, 9887, 99prs, and eclipse 7100, and I prefered the Pioneer units better. The eclipse probably had the best sound but had less processing options than the alpine or pioneers and I hate the UI. The pioneer units are a little more laid back sounding than the other units but it's not bad and the I really like the UI on them. That's why I have a 80prs waiting to be installed here, hopefully it's as nice as the 800/880prs units.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.