pioneer 80prs ? and alpine 9887 ?

big scott

blazin low, and loud
edgewood, md
first. the 80prs , it has the pico fuse can it be replaced ? if so how ?

was just looking at some pics of the 80prs and on the back there a small 10amp fuse, it that the pico that everybody talks about ?

if so that would be easy to replace.

the 9887 .

im thinking about getting this radio for the 3-way.

im trying to decide what radio to get.

i like alpine, but it seam the 80prs has a better 3-way ?

more adjustments?

ill be using ..

4- sq tweeters

4 - sq pro 6.5's

1-set of sq comps.

4- 8" bass speakers.

and i have a hdc3 15" sub. but not worrying about that.

as only my front stage will be 3-way.

and trying to run 3-way active. so what would be best for me ?

The Pico is internal. Usually located along the back of the board. I believe they are around 3 bucks at radio shack. Cheap if you can do it yourself.

i can still do that. i think it ***** that the did it like that.

**** im thinking alpine at this point.

not unless somebody talks me into the 80prs. lol

or i could if the pico blows, put some wires on the tabs inside the radio so the pico is on the outside. would make it easier to replace.

that would be easy to do.

first. the 80prs , it has the pico fuse can it be replaced ? if so how ?was just looking at some pics of the 80prs and on the back there a small 10amp fuse, it that the pico that everybody talks about ?

if so that would be easy to replace.

the 9887 .

im thinking about getting this radio for the 3-way.

im trying to decide what radio to get.

i like alpine, but it seam the 80prs has a better 3-way ?

more adjustments?

ill be using ..

4- sq tweeters

4 - sq pro 6.5's

1-set of sq comps.

4- 8" bass speakers.

and i have a hdc3 15" sub. but not worrying about that.

as only my front stage will be 3-way.

and trying to run 3-way active. so what would be best for me ?
I run 3 way active in my setup but I prefer to use my amps crossovers using generated test tones rather then switching to 3 way active network mode on the 80 prs since I need rear fill also. Once I dialed in the gains and crossover points properly, the auto EQ/TA on the prs cleans up the sound completely after that, which makes it a very painless tuning process.

I bought my 80 prs used and so far no pico issues at all. Just make sure the car is off when playing with RCAs and you should not have any pico problems. So many of the pico horror stories are from user error in the first place.

I run 3 way active in my setup but I prefer to use my amps crossovers using generated test tones rather then switching to 3 way active network mode on the 80 prs since I need rear fill also. Once I dialed in the gains and crossover points properly, the auto EQ/TA on the prs cleans up the sound completely after that, which makes it a very painless tuning process.
I bought my 80 prs used and so far no pico issues at all. Just make sure the car is off when playing with RCAs and you should not have any pico problems. So many of the pico horror stories are from user error in the first place.

ok now you have me thinking......

as i have my comps in the back.

so using 3-way with any radio would screw me ?

as i to would like rear fill with the comps.

or ??

ok now you have me thinking......as i have my comps in the back.

so using 3-way with any radio would screw me ?

as i to would like rear fill with the comps.

or ??
yup 3 way is mainly for front stage. it would screw you on the amplified rear fill. If you need rear fill, i'd recommend going active on your amp you can have as much as a 5 way active if you're really crazy lol, takes a lot more fine tuning but it can be possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.