Pioneer 4 channel? Some 2- channel? need opinions

Participant count
  • Participant list

JonBoy
10+ year member

I want to buy an amp for my speakers, and I have been looking at only getting a two channel for my infinity comps, but now I think I would rather have a 4 channel. My girlfriend has a ford zx2 with premium sound and it comes with a 4 channel amp that puts out like 25 watts per channel and it sounds much louder than what my JVC headunit produces. So will 40x4 rms that the Pioneer GM-X364 be a good choice? I am certainly on a budget and this amp fits right ($125 shipped).

Or would it be a wiser choice to get a two channel that supplies around 65-70 watts rms to JUST my front speakers? Right now I keep the fade on my deck balanced, because that is how it sounds best. I just want my highs to be loud, loud enough to keep up with my bass even when i turn it up. So what do you guys think, 4 channel or 2 channel?

And BTW, how are pioneer amps for running speakers (not subs)?

Just found another amp that is in my price range but i have questions about? Are, Performance Teknique amps any good? I found a 4 channel for 110 that claims 60x4 with lots of features.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.