mattmcss
10+ year member

Shake that laffy taffy
Twin Cities
Consists of ::

CDA-9835 Head unit

Aura MR52's

Kicker SX900.4

Pair of ID Overstock (bigger like ED O series)

To give an honest review would take me some time, but for now this setup sounds amazing, giving the aura's plenty of power and the ID's sound incredible with only ~450 watts on the pair. They are in a 2.4 cuft box before driver displacement, with 1lb bag of poly fill. Low end extension is unreal, hits notes lower than my IDMAX in 2.8 @ 28hz with 800 rms. Playing Lil Whytes hoods run down i've never felt my car shake like that before, simply stunning.

The aura's are a bit harsh I might set the tweeter to -3db and see how that sounds, but these are all things that can be EQ'd out thanks to the control of the SX series amplifier.

a50a24d119.jpg

4342b0f88e.jpg

0ab7abcf07.jpg

Questions ? Comments ? I'm sure these pics are big I apologize, can't resize em at work hopefully I won't get biched at.

how are you running all the speaker with that one kicker amp. WHat is the final load of your id subs--1 ohm or what. driving aura speaker with headunit or what?

brake down the power to each speaker, final ohm load for subs.

I am thinking it might sound better if you had more power.

Man I love those sub setup, clean and doesn't hog your trunk space.

:whine whine::b!tch b!tch: pics are too big!! :whine whine::b!tch b!tch:

j/p.

setup is clean! are the subs set up IB? i love those amps too, i guess its hidden cause no pics? props.

how are you running all the speaker with that one kicker amp. WHat is the final load of your id subs--1 ohm or what. driving aura speaker with headunit or what?

more than likely the auras are each ran off a sinle channel, more than likely a and b, and then the woofers are either ran off an independant channel or he bridged the rear channels

bridge the read channels and run the comps on the front channels... now that wasnt that hard to come up with //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

more than likely the auras are each ran off a sinle channel, more than likely a and b, and then the woofers are either ran off an independant channel or he bridged the rear channels
BINGO!

oh yea, very stylish //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

yup amp is divided into two , amp one and amp two

Amp one is for the aura's, using both left and rear with approx 115 rms per side

Amp two is bridged to the subs @ 4 ohms, subs are D4's getting approx 450 rms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mattmcss

10+ year member
Shake that laffy taffy
mattmcss
Twin Cities
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date