pics of my wall finished

BASS14
10+ year member

Team DC Audio
well i thought id post some pics of my build now that is in and done. all the equipment is in my sig:) but here are some pics of the subs, amp, then the wall in and done.

the subs (2 15" DC LVL4 XLs)

IMG_7331Small.jpg

IMG_7325Small.jpg

the amp (Cactus Sounds Team Cactus 5k) 5600+rms

IMG_7630.jpg

IMG_7632.jpg

The wall, 8cubes before subs, bracing displacement. 105sqin of port tuned to 32hz

IMG_8132.jpg

IMG_8132.jpg

IMG_8128.jpg

IMG_8126.jpg

these last pics were before i got the airbrushed dustcaps, still same subs and everything.

IMG_7555.jpg

IMG_7557.jpg

IMG_7550.jpg

as far as numbers go, back when i had my Hifonics XXV Colossus in there(1700rms) per sub it did a 147.2 on music at 37hz sealed legal on the dash. hoping to see that number go up now that there is 5500+rms in there. but all in all im very happy w it, its doin wat i built it to do. great for daily demo vehicle. its does decent numbers for 2 15s, but like i said i hope that goes up w the added power from my cactus 5k. well see wat it does now this coming saturday at the first comp of the season:) thanks for looking guys, let me no wat ya think.

u think 2 of those would work on 3K peak?? or should I invest in something smaller for subs?
would they work yes, but you wouldnt be getting full potential outa em, i had 1700rms on each, and they were barley moving, playing all day and not even getting warm, so basically they were straight up laughing at that power. which is y i snagged this 5k. which really seems to have waken em up:D

I would look into the lvl4's not the xl's for 3k peak.

But back to topic. Wall looks great and I really like the airbrush work on the caps. A++

Nice and clean build, very nice. Dustcaps are very original.

thanks bro! when i had the Colossus in there they were D2 subs running 2ohms, and when i bought the cactus i sent em out for D1 recones to get full potential outa the amp and subs, and i seen the new dustcaps that rusty at DC was offering and i had to have em lol. like i said tho im VERY happy w the build/install.

I would look into the lvl4's not the xl's for 3k peak.But back to topic. Wall looks great and I really like the airbrush work on the caps. A++
exactly! LVL4s would be GREAT on that power!

and i thank you

Normally I don't like stuff like that (dust caps).

But I have to say I like those dust caps a lot, as said above, very original, probably look pretty sweet when they are movin.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.