Pics of my car audio in '04 Escalade

army5
10+ year member

OKC, OK
I thought I would share a few pics of my car audio in my '04 Escalade. I have a wife and 2 kids so primary goal was to put something in the back that would fit behind 3rd row seats.

I had these subs and amp in my standard cab PU from highschool. I custom made the box with 3/4" MDF, Vinyl and some Oak wood trim. This is only the third box I've ever built and first with Vinyl. Didn't know how to hide the seams hence this is where the trim comes in. I matched the stain to the wood trim inside the Escalade. Used marine grade white vinyl and painted it with matching OEM paint from Color Bond. Nothing flashy but sounds great and utilizes small amount of space. I can still lay the seats down for extra space.

My future plans include sound dampner, doing the Big 3, second battery under passenger side rear seat and a Class D amp capable of doing 1500+ rms at 2-Ohms.

http://www.caraudio.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=56134

Comments/questions are welcomed.

Jeff

I can't compare to other amps but it's been running under it's 4-Ohm limit for years. I'm sure at some point it will go but I think it's a testiment to build quality back in the days.

I can't compare to other amps but it's been running under it's 4-Ohm limit for years. I'm sure at some point it will go but I think it's a testiment to build quality back in the days.
True and that's not even the true Fosgate die hard MOBO's. The last of the Fosgate MOBO's from the first years was the egg shell DSM amps. That was an all new design when they went to the wings and people thought they blew up too easily. (I did as well, but some like yours just held together like a rock)

I like the setup, it looks good and you've got the right stuff. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.