Pics of install

iLLest1aLive
10+ year member

Iowa
I got this done last week at a local audio place and i thought they did a decent job..nothing spectacular but its okay for me. They put in a 9885 deck, put in pgrsd components, and a kicker zx350.2. XXX and zx1500 was already installed but they moved it around so that it looked better because amp was previously installed on back of box. Now to the pics...

Amp with wall

DSC01808_resize.jpg

Day time looked the best for the amps

Head unit

DSC01813_resize.jpg

DSC01816_resize.jpg

DSC01817_resize.jpg

Thought the 9885 red illuminations looked great in my car

Sub

DSC01821_resize.jpg

i prolly take more pictures again during the day....almost forgot this went in a 01 Audi S4..i havent done the big 3 yet but i plan to soon and will get a vid when i think i tuned the amp to my personal preference.

should of installed it yourself . your not gonna learn anything by paying someone to do it 4 u .
eventually i will start to learn how to do it by myself because yeah paying someone to do it can be quite expensive..

definatly wanna c some vids...
I think my next car will be a S4...any mods to your car?
yeah the S4 is great but no i dont have any mods..its automatic which ***** but it still gots some speed..

clean install but I know they charged u an arm and a leg. But my advice is to read up and learn what they did so you don't ever have to pay again.

hmm i wonder if installing the sub away from the port would make any difference.
I'm guessing its a pretty long port along that back wall and thats why the sub is closer to the output of the port. Least I would think there is good reasoning behind the design, unless of course that Fisher plaque was thrown on some random box.

Did they try to 'upgrade' you away from that x-out no-name subwoofer while they were at it? lol
haha well they didnt try to upgrade me to another sub but they kept insisting i have rear speakers and get a 4 channel amp...

Very nice and clean from the looks of it. How much did they charge you for everything if you don't mind me asking?
clean install but I know they charged u an arm and a leg. But my advice is to read up and learn what they did so you don't ever have to pay again.
yeah it was close to $450..looked at the bill and some of the things they did was unnecessary..like throwing in a 4 channel amp kit when i had a two channel amp kit already. they just kept pointing me to a direction i didnt want to go.

Looks good. I won't say it's clean though cause you need to vaccumm.
DSC01808_resize.jpg
haha yeah i need to vaccum my car been lazy since its cold but lately the weather has been getting warm..

****, definitely got yourself ripped on the install. I'm sure you could have found someone local on here to do it for half that.

****, definitely got yourself ripped on the install. I'm sure you could have found someone local on here to do it for half that.
yeah after looking at the bill, i was just like wtf..like i said before they just kept pointing me into a direction that would insist of getting more stuff that i didnt need and they installed somethings without my consent..so yeah last time i go to some audio place..

Im confused why you were charged, and paid for, a 4-channel amp kit when you and the shop both fully realize you do not own a 4-channel amp. Especially considering you already owned a 2-channel amp kit. Seems highly shady to me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.