Pic's Of Current ABC Box (Aperiodic Bi-Chamber/ Dual-Tuned Reflex)

akadj
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
well I'm thinking about making another ABC box for the four Atomic AP-8" this time with slotted ports..

heres a picture of my current one for one 12".. shes 5 cubes of awesomeness! ! !

people tried telling me "you cant put a single 12" inside a 5cuft box".. I said watch me!

It did a 143 termlab on the dash legit with the box in the trunk of a sunfire firing into to cabin off a modded 1990 RoDEK 280 clamped @ 2ohms 700 watts

427276_10151331241218863_832713320_n_zpsf4e525cc.jpg

what's your thoughts? ? ?

Wholly **** dude! It looks ****** seems like it would be ******! If you have the abilities to build it, god yes do it! If I could I would and I think it'd be fun to play like that. Only thing is, you have to post up results! What's the tune going to be? Did that many chambers make a difference?

[quote name='akadj']well I'm thinking about making another ABC box for the four Atomic AP-8" this time with slotted ports..

heres a picture of my current one for one 12".. shes 5 cubes of awesomeness! ! !

people tried telling me "you cant put a single 12" inside a 5cuft box".. I said watch me!

It did a 143 termlab on the dash legit with the box in the trunk of a sunfire firing into to cabin off a modded 1990 RoDEK 280 clamped @ 2ohms 700 watts

427276_10151331241218863_832713320_n_zpsf4e525cc.jpg

what's your thoughts? ? ?[/QUOTE]
@pro\-rabbit ;, wtf is that thing, lol?

Definitley not dissing, btw. looks cool as he11. I just want to know how it works.
that's old school technology at its best!

its a ratio of 2/3 to 1/3 and it really needs to be done properly or the end result will be absolute garbage.

that's where people get discouraged with the box... when you fail.. you fail big time and risk damaging your woofers.

I will definitely be building another one,

I'm thinking that I build the total box 5 cubes again, this time only I will be running 4 Atomic 8" anyone thinking too big? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

only thing I'm debating is port area.. 50sq in or 75sq in..lol I know they're only 8"

I will once I get back to a computer. Basic ABC box really, quick google search should net a decent explanation I'm sure for you guys lol. These were very populate 5 or so years ago...

Down side is obviously the sheer size like most enclosures they just are to big for any practical mobile audio application.

They are fun though.

The 'Double chamber reflex' (DCR) design has been around in the USA since 1961 and in Europe even before that, in 1990 Garry Springgay (i mentioned in another post) who currently works for PAS Magazine and also runs his own company Cogent Audio Labs, his resume includes Rockford's Senior Product Analyst and National Technical Trainer at Korbon Trading (also happens to be a canadian from around my home town :p ) Began popularizing it with the Korbon reps in 1990 while living in Vancouver and it has been floating around termpro since 1999, my current one i built back in 2005... but enough of that...

ive started the blue prints on my new box and unfortunately i cant fit all four Atomic Ap 8' in there so i started messing around with 3... heres the print.

Tri-TunedDualChamberReflex1_zps4425f16c.jpg

Tri-TunedDualChamberReflex2_zpsc6b56b62.jpg

i JUST received an email from Garry Springgay, i had contacted him a few weeks ago about doing some testing and analyzing of some build houses.. anyway.. hes the master when it comes to this Double Chamber Reflex's and he shed some info on this Build!!!

looks like im going alittle bit bigger yet.. 5.7 cubes for 3 8"s

this is gonna be deadly!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.