transmission and weight

Polski13
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MI
I've got a 05 Honda accord lx coupe 2.4L 4cyl. And when I put my system in the trunk, ill probably have 500 Ibs and possibly a lot more. How would this weight effect my car? Would I end up screwing up my transmission? And is there any solution to help to prevent problems besides taking the system out of my car? I've found custom coilovers that will handle the weight in the back.

And this car is my daily driver. Do a lot of you uys do the same with there vehicles?

I've got a 05 Honda accord lx coupe 2.4L 4cyl. And when I put my system in the trunk, ill probably have 500 Ibs and possibly a lot more. How would this weight effect my car? Would I end up screwing up my transmission? And is there any solution to help to prevent problems besides taking the system out of my car? I've found custom coilovers that will handle the weight in the back.
And this car is my daily driver. Do a lot of you uys do the same with there vehicles?
Wow, what does your system consist of to weigh 500 lbs? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

No... You won't hurt the trans. Unless you are running the ****. performance wise, out of your car?? I.E racing or tracking you're car. You're trans will never know the difference.

Wow, what does your system consist of to weigh 500 lbs? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
Depending on the size of the system, it's fairly easy to get up there. G31 batteries are about 75 a piece, big boxes can be like 70 or more, big subs can be 50 or more, plus amps, wire, and other various pieces and 500 pounds is not a stretch.

'05 should have a Tcm or transmission control module. Brain to trans. The trans shouldn't see any difference. Suspension will be the factor here.

i have close to that weight in my toyota '92 paseo,mine is a 5 speed but its been there for 2 years now and its my daily driver,it handles it fine,my gas mileage ***** though lol

500lbs would be equal to riding around 3 peeps everywhere you go. I don't know about you, but I can def tell when I have that much weight in my car and it isn't fun. What happens when you have your "500lb" system AND 3 or 4 friends in the ride. Your little pos isn't going to move.

trans will be fine, you'll get bad gas milage, you'll need the stiff springs in the back, and it'll be even slower than it is now. What weighs 500lbs though?
I have 3 stingers batts, 2 atomic apocalypse apx 12s, tons of 1/0 runnining throughout the car, saz 3500d amp, 4 channel eclipse, 2 channel alpine, crossovers, a bag full of tools, I still have the spare tire in it which I plan to take out, and so on. It ends up being a ton of weight. And when I have passengers its a ton. And my gas mileage in the city avg about 20mpg with about 300Ibs that's in my car right now and I avg 31 highway. All around I avg 25. But lately bc of winter the lowest mileage I've averaged was about 19

'05 should have a Tcm or transmission control module. Brain to trans. The trans shouldn't see any difference. Suspension will be the factor here.
Yeah I'm going to try and buy some coilovers that will handle the weight

I have 3 stingers batts, 2 atomic apocalypse apx 12s, tons of 1/0 runnining throughout the car, saz 3500d amp, 4 channel eclipse, 2 channel alpine, crossovers, a bag full of tools, I still have the spare tire in it which I plan to take out, and so on. It ends up being a ton of weight. And when I have passengers its a ton. And my gas mileage in the city avg about 20mpg with about 300Ibs that's in my car right now and I avg 31 highway. All around I avg 25. But lately bc of winter the lowest mileage I've averaged was about 19

Damn the winter blend! But it is cheaper so it all equals out I guess.

Time to install a turbo!

Vrooooooom

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.