Pick me out some 12" subs

I see, so the box is already made. I had to go back and re-read.
It's a prefab unfortunately. I've always ran custom ported,but no one wants to build them anymore for under the seat of a pickup. It's a little more time consuming that a typical box. So my hands are kind of tied.

What about the new Alpine R-W12D2? I'm considering doing one of those ported in my GTI next. The quoted depth is 7.25" which would give you just 1/2" for the pole piece to vent, lol. Not ideal but better than it up against the back wall of the enclosure.

I was going to try porting my current last gen type R 10, but I'm worried that I may destroy it in a ported situation since it is sealed right now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

You could fit 2 SVC Dayton HO 10's ported behind that seat no problem.. You would need a amp that puts out power at 2 ohms.. If you had bucket...
Shallow mount subs like those recommended are a favorite of truck owners. Typically the space under the seat is wide but “shallow” from bottom of...
These are also very good drivers, some of the best bang for the busk on shallow mounts. DD Audio SL610-D2 10"...
Well, get Two then and try to share for peeks sake!! :poop: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Additinally, no need to reference "max" anything as those specs are useless. Most of know how to look at specs for a given speaker, amp, HU, etc...

About this thread

sprinklerman

10+ year member
sprinklerman
ok
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from