Pick me out some 12" subs

sprinklerman
10+ year member

ok
These will be in a downfire under seat box, sealed. 7.75" max depth , 1.13cuft each ,before woofer displacement. I have 600w @ 1ohm right now. Will upgrade to 1k-1.5k later if need be. Looking to keep it under 250.00 per sub if possible. Looking for musical sub with nice bandwidth. Would do a single low ported, but it's a complex build to keep it under the seat and can't find a box builder.

Thanks

skar vd's are like $79 shallow mount., but u should able to do 2 sundown E's bstock on car audio bargain are $95 each., be good when u get bigger amp..

Not really into Skar audio.

I've had the sundown E's before, they were ok,but I'd prefer to try something different now.

I really liked the sound of my low tuned Icon,but I'd have to do a ported single to stay in budget .

Not really into Skar audio.I've had the sundown E's before, they were ok,but I'd prefer to try something different now.

I really liked the sound of my low tuned Icon,but I'd have to do a ported single to stay in budget .
that would be better if u can fit it forsure.. i'll look around.. someone else will give u ideas..

i been looking at this ported but they take .7-1.2 cf sealed 3" coil u can get 2 shipped $340,, FI makes the ssa subs, this is in between the dcon and gcon, has dcon basket with similar gcon specs and coil..

Alpine type s?
I talked to a shop about it and that's what they recommended. Like I said,my preference would be a ported Icon,but finding an enclosure builder has been a chore to say the least. That being said,I'm not against the alpines,if the two of them sealed would compare output wise and have that nice fat bottom end that the Icon does.

The new S is underhung. Output wont be absurd, but sq will be very good. And the mounting depth is manageable
Right on.

I think the sundown SD3 is also running an underhung design on all sizes too. Anyone heard one in person?

Right on. I think the sundown SD3 is also running an underhung design on all sizes too. Anyone heard one in person?
sorry man i woulda recd sd to u 1st off, i thought u said $250 for both subs lol., thats only reason i suggested skar or E's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.