Please help - alternator problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
So I was driving around and my alternator was charging around 14.1 for about 30 minutes and I thought it was just a weird day. I turned the car on a couple hours later and it was at 12.6v. Didn't go up or down at all. I was reversing out of a parking spot and it suddenly jumped to 14.8v. And now went back down to 14.1. What is happening? It's an excessive 250.

Sounds like you have low rpm and it's turning on once you get to a high enough rpm? Did u get a hairpin?
Don't overlook the simple things, the front battery fuse holder burnt up from a loose connection so it was just not reaching voltage from front to back.

OFC's the only way to go, imo.
Welding cable is cheap, so there's no reason not to use it
Only reason I am using cca is because I got all of my wiring for free so I might either buy it much later on during the summer.

Someone wants to trade my dsp and the rcas and the program I have for it for 100 bucks and a set of battery terminals which I am going to end up doing.

OFC's the only way to go, imo.
Welding cable is cheap, so there's no reason not to use it
Is there a point to getting 2/0 welding? Or should I just go with 1/0? I've heard that 2/0 is more like car audio 1/0.

Is there a point to getting 2/0 welding? Or should I just go with 1/0? I've heard that 2/0 is more like car audio 1/0.
Dont compare welding to car audio wire.

If you are pushing 500+ amps then a single 2/0 welding would be good.

If its 300 or less then 1/0 will be fine.

AWG standard beats all CA rated wire no matter what.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Dont compare welding to car audio wire.
If you are pushing 500+ amps then a single 2/0 welding would be good.

If its 300 or less then 1/0 will be fine.

AWG standard beats all CA rated wire no matter what.

It's just my single sq3500 at 1 ohm.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's just my single sq3500 at 1 ohm.
I ran my sq4500 @ .5 ohm on a single 1/0 welding wire.

I fused at 350amp

But i had a secondary battery 1 foot away from the amp.

I ran my sq4500 @ .5 ohm on a single 1/0 welding wire.
I fused at 350amp

So 1/0 should be fine or just pay the extra 40 cents per foot for 2/0?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.