Phase Control on my Mono Block Amp?

ThunderKat

More Bass Please !!
Hi all, this is my first post here on CA.com and I am almost clueless where car audio is others forte.

My knowlege of car audio is limited to installing a basic setup comprising of a Head Unit, Amp and 2 subs with a basic ported box.

I hope you guys will guide me to making my dream install a reality (Eventually) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My first ever 2 questions for you is this: What is the phase control feature on a monoblock amp? What does this do exactly? I have a Pyle PLA3000D ..... is this a good amp for a beginner for getting awsome sounds?

Looking forward to your replies.

The name of the amp in that case tells you a lot about it. It's a pile. Not total garbage if you realize that it isn't going to come anywhere near the "max power" numbers that they advertise for it. Questionable reliabilty.

The phase switch allows you to effectively reverse the wiring of the sub by just throwing the switch. The purpose is to get the sub and front speakers as close to in phase as possible in the region where the frequencies overlap to help them blend together.

when im in my neighborhood the vibes run through around 20 cribs when the trunk and windows are open, thats gotta count for somthing though right? ..... and thats with 8 or 4G wires, I have read the thread about the BIG 3 and this will be my first port of call for an upgrade.

what would you guys go for, for a starter kit in big bass? .... I really need to know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.