People that have used the MS-8

Participant count
  • Participant list

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
As of now my plan is to have its internal amp run the stock 6 speaker in my ford. I don't need huge output, I'm going to seal up the doors to make the most out of it. I'll have a single 8 in the trunk, the the seat up I don't see a whole lot coming through. It will have 1500 on tap though.

Will it be enough or should I plan on adding a 4 channel for the front stage? I do have my old set of HSK XLs standing by if needed. Will the MS-8 on the stocks clean them up also?

i have heard it makes the stocks sound great too, but i use mine on aftermarket speakers and it made a huge difference for me too, it may give u a little extra power and time align

You ran its amp on aftermarkets? I guess I could put it on the XLs and try that first if it's not enough.
I have amps alongside the MS8, but I meant for stocks the ms8 will give a little more power to them.since it has built in amp

just get it in and do the xls later.
My main concern is power wire. Do the 4awg for the M1 or go ahead and do 1/0. Singer got back with me about the alt, he has a 240-340 6 phase he can build. I don't want to go far enough to need it. This car is not going to be a rattle trap

MS-8's amplifier doesn't step up the voltage, so it's the same amount of power at 4 ohms as a "high power" aftermarket head unit. Adding a speaker amplifier doesn't increase the continuous current draw significantly, especially with a full range Class D amp and high efficiency speakers. Subwoofer amplifiers raise a higher concern when it comes to current capacity of the charging system.

MS-8's amplifier doesn't step up the voltage, so it's the same amount of power at 4 ohms as a "high power" aftermarket head unit. Adding a speaker amplifier doesn't increase the continuous current draw significantly, especially with a full range Class D amp and high efficiency speakers. Subwoofer amplifiers raise a higher concern when it comes to current capacity of the charging system.
So what you are saying is plan on adding a 4 channel? I mean I'm only going to have a single 8 but it's one hell of a 8

get a zed/arc audio/zapco 6 channel later on when you feel like doing a 3 way active setup again. Do the 0 gauge with reducers, Sooner or later this ford will be louder than the TC. Give it a year or two

get a zed/arc audio/zapco 6 channel later on when you feel like doing a 3 way active setup again. Do the 0 gauge with reducers, Sooner or later this ford will be louder than the TC. Give it a year or two
I'm not hacking this car up. Nothing is getting done that can't be easily undone. I lost 4 grand on my trade in do to the condition of the scion. I only want to keep this one long enough to get a better ride.

So what you are saying is plan on adding a 4 channel? I mean I'm only going to have a single 8 but it's one hell of a 8
I feel like you already know the answer, you just want someone to give you a push. Yes, get a 4-channel amp for the front speakers. It will get a bit louder, but more importantly it will follow transients in good sounding recordings a lot better without going splat as you quickly run out of headroom.

I feel like you already know the answer, you just want someone to give you a push. Yes, get a 4-channel amp for the front speakers. It will get a bit louder, but more importantly it will follow transients in good sounding recordings a lot better without going splat as you quickly run out of headroom.
Yep. Just needed that push.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

soooo the next car will be the loud car....
The next car is going to be a luxury sedan. So nope. The loud car is gone

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.