PCE-216 Install w/ Pics **56k No-No**

casper97ta
10+ year member

IM HERE FOR THE GANG BANG
I just installed my new set of MB Quart premiums today and I love them. I got 150w going to each side and they take it like a champ. Im running them passive now until i can get a decent 4-channel. I tried the modeling clay trick to mount the woofer on and it worked pretty **** well. On to the pics.

51907074.jpg

51907072.jpg

51907076.jpg

51907073.jpg

51907058.jpg

51907057.jpg

51907042.jpg

51907062.jpg

How do you like the sound & output of them? Reason I ask is I installed a pair for a guy several months back, powered by a SD 100.2 and I wasn't very impressed. Sound was decent, no midbass, but also not very loud.

He was expecting a lot more out of them and was disappointed. Doors weren't deadened which could have helped the midbass, but I though they'd be louder. Maybe 100watts wasn't enough to push them...

Passive is using the crossover supplied with the components instead of using the crossover settings on the amp, which gives you more control.

I've always been a big MB fan. I never thought the tweeters are too harsh. This set is really power hungry. These do get really loud off of 150w but when i can get a 4 channel and put 200-250 per side they will really shine. The midbass is lacking a little bit, but my doors arent deadened yet either so we'll see how much mor i get after that. overall I'm really happy with them. I dont think 100w is really enough to get these going.

yea MB Quarts are great but they do like power, the first time I had them had to upgrade the amp 5 minutes after I left the shop

How do you like the sound & output of them? Reason I ask is I installed a pair for a guy several months back, powered by a SD 100.2 and I wasn't very impressed. Sound was decent, no midbass, but also not very loud.
He was expecting a lot more out of them and was disappointed. Doors weren't deadened which could have helped the midbass, but I though they'd be louder. Maybe 100watts wasn't enough to push them...
wow if he wasnt impressed by this set....**** hes picky

i just recently put these in my car too and they do sound good

im only giving them 80 rms and they still get loud, but i can only imagine how loud they will be once i give them some real power

these are great speakers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

casper97ta

10+ year member
IM HERE FOR THE GANG BANG
casper97ta
Pittsburgh, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date