Passive or active?

Got it, used the house DVD player and connected to av input. Might not be the perfect way, but what a difference that made. And dam it sounds better. Sad part is , if I didn't have the cd issue this **** is simple and basic.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Everthing is good, but now the DRC is not responding to changes. Does it not work using high level inputs? Or did I miss something

Figured it out, when setting up configuration wizard I was selecting speakers in the AC link window. When I skipped selecting speakers the volume controls work. Thanks for the help everyone.

So I am adding another set of hertz mlk 165's to the front stage and a hertz hdp4 to run all 4 midrange and using the 4 channels on the hdp5 to run the tweeters. My question is what should I assign to the second stage in the bit one? Or should I split the signal using the rca cables and only have channels 1 and 2 do tweeters and 4 and 5 do midrange?

If I understand this correctly, you are wanting to run a 4 channel amp that is driving 4 midrange speakers and want to know if you should go with a 2 channel input versus a 4 channel input from the bitone to the amp?

Personally, unless you are going to dedicate one midrange as mid frequencies and the other to the midbass frequncies, I wouldn't run another set of midbass drivers. The more speakers you have, the harder it is to get imaging and staging correct. That being said, I'm far more into sound quality than just being loud.

If you are adding them just to make your system louder, go with the 2 channel input. If you are going for SQ, go with the 4 channel input and assign one set as midbass and the other midrange.

Honestly though, if you are trying to get the loudest system you can, having the Bitone is kind of pointless. You could have gotten all the functions you are going to use in it for a lot cheaper and just got a decent active crossover.

I'm hoping to acheive the "loudness" I'm looking for with 2 sets instead of pushing 1 set to its max. My theory was push two sets to 75% instead of 1 set to 100%. In hopes of keeping the sq and achieving the loudness I'm looking for. 1 set just wasn't enough for my personal preference. I could be totally wrong in what I'm trying to achieve, but I will find that out when the music starts to play. Everyone preferences are different. And I appreciate your input, and I will try both ways and choose which one my ears enjoy the most. I do understand what you are saying though. I definitely want sq over loudness. But I am a summertime windows down kid of guy. So a little more loudness would help when rolling down the highway on a nice 80 deg day

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.