Parking the Fiero & buying a new car?

You must of never been rode inside a 1980's muscle car, or at least a 1980s Camaro. Doing 85 at the top of 2nd gear seems pretty fast to me.

..Seriously?
I've driven several foxbody stangs as I've been looking for a decent one to turn into a drag car and I've ridden in an 80's IROC a bunch of times as I have a buddy that has one. I'm not saying they can't be fast, they have great motors and are light but in stock form they are slow by today's standards. Go out and race some of the new vehicles and you'll be really embarrassed when a 4x4 half ton, like new f150 with 3.5 or Chevy 1500 with the 6.2, beats you.

Now on that note 80's muscle cars have tons of potential to be fast with work, the lightweight bodys with Solid axle and a V8 its about the best base for a drag car you can get and they are fun to drive. They seem faster than they actually are even in stock form.

well there your problem..stop telling here...

buy it, put it on, done.
Our paypal account is hooked to her credit card. When the bill comes through, she takes the money out of my savings account to pay for my purchases.

Also, she's the one home at the time UPS/USPS/Fed Ex delivers, and I'm at work by that time.

Guys chillax, I used to have an over-reactive mother who would go loco even if I played video games on weekdays. Now since I bought and pay for my car, they see all the stuff in my car and they leave me be, even if they don't approve. Adulbrich: get good grades and do chores or something your parents enjoy, then little by little do what you want. (Could take weeks to years buddy)

Also, she's the one home at the time UPS/USPS/Fed Ex delivers, and I'm at work by that time.
90% of the time there's an option with UPS and Fedex that allows the package to be held at one of their locations or pay a little fee for them to hold it and ship it another day when you are home

Get good grades and used to do chores. Now I work too much and am rarely home to do chores.

Not waiting years. I turn 18 in February //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I second that, save up your cash you'd normally spend on audio gear, and get your own apartment/house.
But I want audio gear now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Get good grades and used to do chores. Now I work too much and am rarely home to do chores.
Not waiting years. I turn 18 in February //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Oh shit I turn 20 in feb sweeeeeet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

But I want audio gear now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
I think we all know how that feels //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I don't know you or your mom, but I'd honestly do what big scott said and just bolt that ****** on there. **** what she says. Your Ride, your money.

After I paid my speeding ticket this morning, I now have $862 to spend on a new alternator and all the little miscellaneous stuff you need for a build.

Re-using the batteries. Still have 100 ft of SHCA 2/0 OFC. Taramps 20.2kw. Murphy said the Z's will be done soon too

Doug shipped my N3's today. I'm going to sell those after i get them back so I can get the Z's re-coned as 18's.

Two 18" Z's on a Taramps 20.2kw should be loud, right?

I've driven several foxbody stangs as I've been looking for a decent one to turn into a drag car and I've ridden in an 80's IROC a bunch of times as I have a buddy that has one. I'm not saying they can't be fast, they have great motors and are light but in stock form they are slow by today's standards. Go out and race some of the new vehicles and you'll be really embarrassed when a 4x4 half ton, like new f150 with 3.5 or Chevy 1500 with the 6.2, beats you.
Now on that note 80's muscle cars have tons of potential to be fast with work, the lightweight bodys with Solid axle and a V8 its about the best base for a drag car you can get and they are fun to drive. They seem faster than they actually are even in stock form.
I agree with everything you say, but no one was comparing to todays standards of fast.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.