Parking the Fiero & buying a new car?

adulbrich
5,000+ posts

Olive oil un-virginer
Ames, Iowa
Hey, so I've been doing some thinking.

I love my car, but it is seriously limiting my sound system.

I'm thinking about parking it at my aunt's house and buying an 80's Camaro. I love this body style:

19871.jpg

I would take out my back seats, make the Z's into 21's, and wall them. They only need 8 cubes each, actually. I may be driving to a local used car dealership to measure the space an 80's Camaro has in the back.

I'd have an alt bracket made to add the 320 amp hairpin alt I have.

Any thoughts from you guys?

Maybe a 2 door Blazer, not a Ford Bronco.

If it has at least 18 gross cubes of space in the back, I'm going with the Camaro though.

I measured my truck today and was surprised. In the cab behind the front seats, there was about 20 cubes of space.

That camaro only has 2 cubes of real space in the trunk.

If it was me id fine me a obs tahoe and pimp the shiit out of it.

tahoefront34.jpg~original

These are cheap and have the power and strength to do a real wall.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

and you spend 25 bucks in gas to hit the corner store n back!!! lol

Hey, so I've been doing some thinking.
I love my car, but it is seriously limiting my sound system.

I'm thinking about parking it at my aunt's house and buying an 80's Camaro. I love this body style:

19871.jpg

I would take out my back seats, make the Z's into 21's, and wall them. They only need 8 cubes each, actually. I may be driving to a local used car dealership to measure the space an 80's Camaro has in the back.

I'd have an alt bracket made to add the 320 amp hairpin alt I have.

Any thoughts from you guys?
love the ride... idk no more hatchs for me you get into serious systems... hatch bends, glass breaks, latch dont wanna work no more... lol it was a pain finally ended up welding hatch to ride... 96 'maro 2xs 15s on 3.5k

being FAST, N LOUD... is a plus though too.... lol

and you spend 25 bucks in gas to hit the corner store n back!!! lol
My year of truck has worse gas mileage then those older tahoes.

They actually had a better 5.3 in them.

If he did get one then just change out the gas tank for a 20 gallon like i did to my truck.

build the truck and stop being a panzy with little cars imho
I can't wall my truck until after high school. My mom wants me to have one reliable vehicle. Since I have the truck, I can do whatever with my car. Also, she won't let me buy another vehicle unless I get rid of my car first.

Wall your truck!!
Read above response^

I'd wall it off behind the front seats, so there's a lot more than 2 cubes.

I can't afford to buy a Tahoe that doesn't have a lot of problems

love the ride... idk no more hatchs for me you get into serious systems... hatch bends, glass breaks, latch dont wanna work no more... lol it was a pain finally ended up welding hatch to ride... 96 'maro 2xs 15s on 3.5k
I'd be sealing the wall off from the back, so the hatch wouldn't be subjected to too much pressure.

And you wont do that in an 80s Camaro with warn out shocks and 500+lbs in the back dragging bumper all the way to the gas station?
It's not my daily driver. My truck is, so IDGAF //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Good luck finding an 80 camaro that doesn't have some kind of fuckery going on for a decent price. Honestly the OBS tahoes will be about the same price.
Thanks, I'll need it

I would not consider an 80's Camaro fast without dumping a bunch of money into it. All 80's muscle cars are pretty slow without modding them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.