Parking brake bypass.....

the parking break wiring ?????

Totally not getting you, if you want to stop the parking light from burning then just cut the power wire to it, if you want your parking light power cable to be used also for the dvd player then i would recommened not doing so...

But to be honest both make no logic so my guess is i´m not getting you right

be more specific bob

Originally posted by neonak the parking break wiring ?????

Totally not getting you, if you want to stop the parking light from burning then just cut the power wire to it, if you want your parking light power cable to be used also for the dvd player then i would recommened not doing so...

But to be honest both make no logic so my guess is i´m not getting you right

be more specific bob
Dude get with it- this has been posted so many times. You have to hook a wire from certain in-dash screens so that they work. The thought is- the screen will not work without either having your foot on the brake or the car in park. It's stupid, but I guess it has it's purposes.

Just grounding the wire works so the screen stays on the whole time.

if you hook the parking break wire to ,for instance your frame,or any other type of ground ,your screen will work all the time, Because when your parking break is on ,if you were to hook it to your parking break ,the circuit is completed when u apply parking break, sort of like a negative voltage,,so if u were to hook it to any type of ground it will work (trust me) I did it! Think of it like this,ground is negative,,when parking brake is on,it gives of a negative charge,so if u hook your wire to ground it will be on all time,,good luck.

Originally posted by threefan24 if you hook the parking break wire to ,for instance your frame,or any other type of ground ,your screen will work all the time, Because when your parking break is on ,if you were to hook it to your parking break ,the circuit is completed when u apply parking break, sort of like a negative voltage,,so if u were to hook it to any type of ground it will work (trust me) I did it! Think of it like this,ground is negative,,when parking brake is on,it gives of a negative charge,so if u hook your wire to ground it will be on all time,,good luck.
That's so much different than what we you and I said before. I'm glad you cleared up the mystery. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

dude, do this...i did it and it worked great...buy a toggle switch...2.95 at walmart...you will be able to decide "when you have the parking break on and off"...they have 3 prongs and you attach a hot wire(power wire from cd player), ground wire(from cd player) and then the parking break wire

my alpine screen wont let me play dvd's or go to auxiliary while im drivin so me and my friend wired the cables to switches and do the certain controls that you do with the footbrake and parking brake ( do you have to do a sequence of like you press the footbrake twice then the parking brake and then the foot brake again) well all we do is hook 1 wire to the foot brake and the other to the parking brake and it works just ddo the sequences and it will work if you have alpine stuff

is it alpine cuz i can get you the pics of it

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif

Thank you cFlatt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

I just installed an Alpine IVA-D300 and was going crazy trying to figure out how to make the DVD work and bypass the parking and foot brake wiring. Unlike Pioneer which only has 1 brake wire to bypass, Alpine's are more guarded with their DVD bypass wiring while driving. You can't simply ground 1 brake wire. Your post will help me resolve this issue. Thanx a lot

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/driving.gif.c4dead4599dda895032b63e51f52b126.gif

so what wires do u ground out on a alpine iva-d300 to make the dvd play while in drive. i do not want to get a pac tr-7 or use a toggle switch, would it be possible to do without either?

my alpine screen wont let me play dvd's or go to auxiliary while im drivin so me and my friend wired the cables to switches and do the certain controls that you do with the footbrake and parking brake ( do you have to do a sequence of like you press the footbrake twice then the parking brake and then the foot brake again) well all we do is hook 1 wire to the foot brake and the other to the parking brake and it works just ddo the sequences and it will work if you have alpine stuff
is it alpine cuz i can get you the pics of it
Not the best withe this type of stuff so if you could send me pictures I would appreciate it.. I do have the Alpine IVA-d300 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...