Painting plastic dash pieces..

black interior with red trim, my buddy had a yellow eclipse, we sanded the vents and everything trimmed real nice, then painted them yellow.....turned out really clean, would take pics but he sold the eclipse a while back..

I live in OK, its about 100* daily right now here, I never experienced the paint rubbing off if u didnt coat it 20XX then it shouldnt. plus you most likely have tinted windows which will keep it from fading alot/

What color are you looking for?
Was looking to match my 05 red equinox which is a "salsa red"

I went to autozone today though and picked up some primer and some cherry red paint which is pretty similiar in color.

Was looking to match my 05 red equinox which is a "salsa red"
I went to autozone today though and picked up some primer and some cherry red paint which is pretty similiar in color.
Could always get a quart of color matched paint and clear, then use a spray gun to lay it on like glass.

you also live in the north lol..whats your highest temp year around? 40?
A few weeks ago we were at 98*. Put that temp with a black car, dark charcoal grey interior and black window tint it gets much hotter inside the car.

A few weeks ago we were at 98*. Put that temp with a black car, dark charcoal grey interior and black window tint it gets much hotter inside the car.
WTF!!! How in the hell did it reach 98 up there? Its only been 98 here like once or twice so far this year

I sanded mine down, then used adhesion promoter/primer, then just painted. I didn't use clear, since when I did it didn't play nicely and wrinkled the paint (over 36 hours since the last coat!). My car is red with the dark interior, and the rings are about the perfect color. When you spray it, the paint will look brighter, but it'll darken down once it dries.

View attachment 26512687

I used Plasticote red, the color of my car is just Bright Red IIRC.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.