Painted subwoofer cone...lulz

Painted the other one and cleaned em' all up. They turned out pretty well.

P.s For those that don't know, the type r cone is comprised of two separate sections. The lower cone attaches to the coil, the hole in mine only penetrated the upper.

Before-

27yy2xg.jpg

After-

20tnwyc.jpg

Although smexy, I will no longer need to run them inverted.

20uoft5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I used some testors metallic red lacquer on a pair of Alpine Type S 12s, they turned out real nice. Still can't get anyone to buy them, even with a nice ported box. Craigslist isn't what it used to be for audio, it's a bummer.

You can always get flex seal spray to fix punctures in a subwoofer ..it’s even strong enough to keep water out of the bottom of a boat ...
I think mine was beyond flex seal, there was literally a golfball sized hole with little material left to build on. Solid idea though.

I used some testors metallic red lacquer on a pair of Alpine Type S 12s, they turned out real nice. Still can't get anyone to buy them, even with a nice ported box. Craigslist isn't what it used to be for audio, it's a bummer.
I'm sure they turned out great. Can't beat a nice deep red.

All you can do is keep renewing the ad. Fb marketplaces/local town pages have worked well for me in the past, might want to try that if you haven't already.

I'd have just stuck to gorilla tape but they did come out pretty nice and really 20 grams or so more mass shouldn't make much difference.
The tape I had on previously worked well ( A little too well), I just tired knowing that the cones looked like trash. Me being bored out of my mind had absolutely nothing to do with this modification. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

They look awesome. Enjoy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Thank you.

They did come out really nice ..I had a friend with a down fire box and a pair of the r10s in his silverado that got a bottle cap under his box ..he picked up the box to show me his subs and that little bottle cap had scarred both up pretty good ..the original coating was fairly thin to begin with for it to do that much damage ..he looked like he had saw a ghost when he picked up the box lol

I like 'em, they look good. Prolly smell good, too.

Like hispls said, the added mass is negligible. You could've at least taken the time to detail out a pup logo on each of 'em.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.