Painted subwoofer cone...lulz

Sleeklsc
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Supa's mom insisted that I post em here for you fegs to look at.

Bought a pair of 12" type r's exactly a decade ago for $70 shipped for both. Which at the time was a steal as they were only a year old. Well, one had a golf ball sized puncture wound and the other had part of the cone peeling off. So I patched up the hole all ghetto like, slapped on a couple pieces of duct tape and called it a day. The one that was peeling I simply super glued it down and eventually painted them black.

I've tried numerous sub stages since but none ever really compared to them so they've stuck around. I recently decided to refurbish the holy one with fantastic results.

Note- Fully aware that adding any sort of mass to the cone is a bad idea. Fwiw, It's been holding up just fine.

nle653.jpg

2hncgfp.jpg

ff4ze8.jpg

2cysg34.jpg

Thems Ugly..If they work..Id run them in something..worst case.. they would do just fine for the garage or used for testing amps ect.

Thems Ugly..If they work..Id run them in something..worst case.. they would do just fine for the garage or used for testing amps ect.
I've only done one and it has been fine for a month. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif The series of pictures is from the same sub throughout the "refurbishing". Hard to tell from the final pic but it looks great in person. I used hammered black paint.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.