Painted subwoofer cone...lulz

****...they look brand new. Can't even tell they got a facelift, except you!, should you ever decide to sell them...they worth a little more now.

I think mine was beyond flex seal, there was literally a golfball sized hole with little material left to build on. Solid idea though.

I'm sure they turned out great. Can't beat a nice deep red.

All you can do is keep renewing the ad. Fb marketplaces/local town pages have worked well for me in the past, might want to try that if you haven't already.
Z0vWRj7.jpg

They started out as this with a few scratches:

sws1242d.jpg

Edit: Here's one I did 6 years ago. Threw this together with spare parts I had laying around and sold it for $50

Before:

GLiKLru.jpg

After:

4pQoFvG.jpg

I am all for rattle canning a subwoofer cone. However the cone should be polypropolene and it needs to be sanded and cleaned first. Testor's spray lacquers and enamels along with Rustoleum 2x and Universal paints work the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']@THATpurpleKUSH, it appears the bottom image isn't working...But I do like the red subs tho...has that distinct look to it and matches the red port, nice work dood :D[/QUOTE]

How about the pics now?

That Testor's red was a pain to work with. It ran easily and took restraint to put down thin coats. A little wet sanding knocked down the runs. They look very nice in person when the light hits them, that paint has a lot of metallic to it. The box is finished with 5 coats of Rustoleum metallic white pearl. It really pops, pictures don't do it justice.

Yeah, all 3 of those look better than the originals. I'm partial to red though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Great job on that box, too.

How about the pics now?
That Testor's red was a pain to work with. It ran easily and took restraint to put down thin coats. A little wet sanding knocked down the runs. They look very nice in person when the light hits them, that paint has a lot of metallic to it. The box is finished with 5 coats of Rustoleum metallic white pearl. It really pops, pictures don't do it justice.
Yup that worked. Nice stand for the "MTXtubz" sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Z0vWRj7.jpg

They started out as this with a few scratches:

sws1242d.jpg

Edit: Here's one I did 6 years ago. Threw this together with spare parts I had laying around and sold it for $50

Before:

GLiKLru.jpg

After:

4pQoFvG.jpg

I am all for rattle canning a subwoofer cone. However the cone should be polypropolene and it needs to be sanded and cleaned first. Testor's spray lacquers and enamels along with Rustoleum 2x and Universal paints work the best.
Pretty sweet ..the red MTX cone reminds me of the old school Terminator series

Yup that worked. Nice stand for the "MTXtubz" sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Like I said....thrown together with spare parts. I had 5/8 mdf laying around from when i build a stand to hold my spl mic at the headrest for meca testing.

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Pretty sweet ..the red MTX cone reminds me of the old school Terminator series
I figured most people like red so it should help sell it quickly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.