P880PRS vs. Nakamichi CD-500

which has better sq?

• Nakamichi CD-500

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • 880PRS

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
If you have the means...I say by both and compare them...Keep the one that makes you smile //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Sell the other one.

This is the only way you will really know how they compare from a SQ standpoint...other than that..there is the ergo thing to consider....as far as features...the 880 just far out wins the race by a mile!

So, the first thing you need to decide is how much proccesing do you need?

Well,I'm going with the nak. It matches the dash on my jetta. The texture of the plastic and colors of the display look as if they were made for the jetta. AND GREAT SQ:)

hi

i have a question , im thinking of somebody who sometimes likes to listen to music with more middbass and sometime with more low freqs or high , and uses TA & crossovers settings that make so nice separation and quality.

is it a lack not to have eq? how do the nakamichis do the separation of low , mid , how freqs for components , subs and speakers w/o the features in the p880 or p9 combo?(only amp crossovers?) , how about TA effects?

thanks

so its made out of much nicer parts and thats how it sounds better? im just curious because ive never even had the chance to play around with one. is it just a better D/A converter? can you please explain with a little more detail?

i've never personally used the nak500 so i can't compare the 2 but my only dislike with the 880 is the shitty display
shitty display......are u serious. I think the 880 has one of the cleanest looking screens out their.

Honestly I would pick it depending on how you like the looks(between 880 and Nak). Both are grear cd players and I doubt you will be able to hear a difference unless u go active with some super components....perfectly sealed doors. Too many other factors that will make more of a difference than your cd player.

thats what i was thinking. both cd players have a 24bit d/a converter right? actually i thought the nak had a 21bit d/a. either way, how can a nak sound better if it has less features and the same or lesser d/a converter? im really interested in this.

thats what i was thinking. both cd players have a 24bit d/a converter right? actually i thought the nak had a 21bit d/a. either way, how can a nak sound better if it has less features and the same or lesser d/a converter? im really interested in this.

I think the Pioneer may have the 1bit Burr Brown DAC's that upconvert the signal to 24bit word, where the Naks have the actual 24bit DAC's..... My older Pioneer HU was like this, may different on the 880 though....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...