P3 vs. Type R 10-inch

Participant count
  • Participant list

ludeconduct

Guys,

Assuming I have a single mono amp (Alpine MRV-500) which does 500 watts RMS at 2 ohms, would you guys get the Rockford P3 or the Alpine Type R Sub? The Rockford does 500 watts max RMS and the Alpine Type R does 1000 watts max RMS.

Considering I'd only power with 500 watts, is the fosgate going to sound better?

Thanks.

Can't based off of an rms of one sub to another, which is 500 vs 1000. Any amp with a few to several 100 watts will power a sub. However, which will sound good/better will depend upon some other factors such as enclosure design, vehicle it's going into, tuning of the enclosure, etc.

Because either is gonna be about the same.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong,I'm certainly no expert but I would think that the woofer that says its takes 500ms would perform better than the sub that can take 1000watts and only getting 500.

The reason I think this is because sub A will be using its total capability versus B that wouldn't be moving as much.

The type r is a 2.5" coil (technically 2.6")... 500w will get it moving. It isnt a terribly inefficient sub or anything. The R does have more usable throw 20mm vs 16mm on p3.

Both have upper 20s FS.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong,I'm certainly no expert but I would think that the woofer that says its takes 500ms would perform better than the sub that can take 1000watts and only getting 500. The reason I think this is because sub A will be using its total capability versus B that wouldn't be moving as much.
Depends on efficiency. Some subs have very low mass and strong motorforce which makes them get very loud onnlittle power even though they can take loads of power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.