2015 Mustang 9 speaker amp install

Participant count
  • Participant list

donmcgowen

Hi,

I have a 9 speaker audio in my Mustang, minus the stock sub. I currently have an after market 2x10" 2ohm subs with a Hifonics 2400.1 rms amp with an LOC. I am going to be installing what is called the Tesla head unit. It's a 10.4" android stereo. The problem is the lack of RCA outs from the new stereo. It only has 2 RCA sub outs.

This is my goal. I want to add an amp inside the car to power the 9 speakers, including a center channel speaker. There are 3 speakers in the doors.

Here is the speaker configuration.

Premium Models 200A/400A (9 Speaker Configuration)

6.5" (Doors)

3.5" (Doors)

Tweeters (A Pillars)

3.5" Center Channel (In dash)

6.5" (Rear Deck)

My goal is to amplify all speakers. I really want to install a nice center channel speaker as well as tweeters.

I'm thinking of using an 8 channel processor.

Here are my questions.

1. What audio processor would you recommend?

2. What amp would you recommend?

3. Is there anything I am missing for this system?

I am not a professional. I am not looking to spend thousands of dollars, I just want to upgrade the stock system. I have a 4ch Hifonics amp, but I would like to get rid of it for a 5 or 6 channel amp for the interior.

Thanks.

Hi,I have a 9 speaker audio in my Mustang, minus the stock sub. I currently have an after market 2x10" 2ohm subs with a Hifonics 2400.1 rms amp with an LOC. I am going to be installing what is called the Tesla head unit. It's a 10.4" android stereo. The problem is the lack of RCA outs from the new stereo. It only has 2 RCA sub outs.

This is my goal. I want to add an amp inside the car to power the 9 speakers, including a center channel speaker. There are 3 speakers in the doors.

Here is the speaker configuration.

Premium Models 200A/400A (9 Speaker Configuration)

6.5" (Doors)

3.5" (Doors)

Tweeters (A Pillars)

3.5" Center Channel (In dash)

6.5" (Rear Deck)

My goal is to amplify all speakers. I really want to install a nice center channel speaker as well as tweeters.

I'm thinking of using an 8 channel processor.

Here are my questions.

1. What audio processor would you recommend?

2. What amp would you recommend?

3. Is there anything I am missing for this system?

I am not a professional. I am not looking to spend thousands of dollars, I just want to upgrade the stock system. I have a 4ch Hifonics amp, but I would like to get rid of it for a 5 or 6 channel amp for the interior.

Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBKoeKBbjj8

I can see why this head unit is appealing. Based on the information I've seen it looks like a unit coming straight from an electronics factory district in China. That in itself isn't anything to be concerned about, but what is concerning is the possibility it has not gone through the stringent testing and certification typical of name brand head units like Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, etc. It's more of a risk. Case in point:

I won't be doing another group buy, and the manufacturer isn't interested in anything we fix.
2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com - View Single Post - Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

For now, I'm going to assume you're going to disregard this and buy the giant screen HU anyway.

The center channel.

There is one audio processor as a current and supported model that will do justice to creating a center channel signal for the purpose of enhancing 2-channel music. Alpine PXA-H800 with the RUX-C800 controller has Dolby Pro-Logic II decoding, which works with movies as well as 2-channel stereo music.

In the future Audiofrog will release a DSP which uses a different type of algorithm that's specifically for enhancing stereo music and not for TV shows and movies. Skipping the center channel at this time would not be a bad idea as it drives the cost of the system up in a hurry.

I would do a small 2-channel amp and bridge it to power the center speaker. The gain can be kept at minimum(the highest voltage mark on the dial) and the loudness can be dialed down further in the processor.

Front left and right speakers.

With a limitation of 8 channels of processing and the requirement of the center channel, you will need to either do 3-way components(6.5" (Doors) 3.5" (Doors) Tweeters (A Pillars) all get powered by only 2 amplifier channels, speakers are linked on each side by passive crossover networks)

or

run the 6.5" midbass woofers active(meaning they get their own amplifier channels)

and the 3.5" doors and Tweeters are powered by 2 amplifier channels with passive crossover networks

I've been down this path and it is a beast of a system. It is not for amateurs.

Thanks for the reply. I already bought the HU, so that is a given. Arriving tomorrow. Anyway, should I just power the left an right like a normal system, or focus on the center channel. I'm not an audiophile, but most home stereos use the center channel as the primary audio source. If I can't tune it correctly for primary center channel, I will just go left/right stereo like normal.

Does anyone know if there is an amp specific to powering a center channel. Is there an EQ that should be used for center channel. If price is going to get crazy, I'll just amplify the system as it. I just really want some awesome surround sound like I have at home with my sound bar and surround sound speakers. I've never heard a car have this type of great surround sound as my home TV entertainment center speakers have.

Does anyone know if there is an amp specific to powering a center channel. Is there an EQ that should be used for center channel. If price is going to get crazy, I'll just amplify the system as it. I just really want some awesome surround sound like I have at home with my sound bar and surround sound speakers. I've never heard a car have this type of great surround sound as my home TV entertainment center speakers have.
I already answered the EQ question. No, there is no specific amp needed for a center channel. I've used 1 channel out of a pair and left the other channel unplugged, or you can bridged two channels, or run a mono full range amp. I've done all three of those configurations and the easiest would be to get a small 2 channel amp and bridge it. You won't need all the power.

Zapco ST-2X 180W 2 Channel Class AB Amplifier If I go back to running a center channel this is the amplifier I will buy.

I'm running this one on 4 of my 6 speakers as well as my subwoofer. Zapco Z-150.6 1800W Class AB 6 Channel Amplifier

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.