ORION vs. FOSGATE

STruC
10+ year member

I am trying to decide between the 2 AMPs I have in mind. If they are not a good AMP plz let me know that too.

AMP : Orion vs. Rockford Fosgate

Orion HCCA 225G4 ($360)

Rockford Power H500.2 ($309)

I need the AMP to push -3- 10" subwoofers. Will one of these AMPs do ?

you have got to remember that the RF's have always been underrated (why do you think that the Punch45 could push their old 15's so good) so a 500.2 im sure is plenty of power depending on what subs you are pushing but generaly the RF's have never had a prob pushing anything. SO I strongly suggest using the 500.2 I used 1 to push my RFL's.

I am partial to RF myself also. I recently purchased a RF 500s,I have it hooked to 2 Punch z-series 10's . I realize that this is way more amp than i need but i got a great deal on it and it is an awesome amp. It is pushing those 10's for all they got and that's with the gain on each channel turned about 1/4 of the way and my volume about 1/2 the way. I was very surprised that the Z-series 10's hit that hard. They are definitely all the bass i need and then some.

Rockford Rocks

Mike

Dude i like fosgate but no match the HCCA would smoke it Orion makes some of the best amps just too expensive now the power 500 is a different story.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You will probably have to get two amps to push both of them but they depends on how many watts the amps push themselves. Personally I would go with Fosgate all the way.

First of all, thanx for all of you responding. Its appreciated =)

I am trying to PUSH 3 10" Orion XTR10DVC subwoofers. So Fosgate is good to push these 3 subs easily ?

I disagree with the RF amp choice........

HCCA's have better and more stable circuitry all arround.

The lowest you could possibly go safely on the base 500.2 is about 2 ohms with the 3 subs. However, on the HCCA- it is stable at .5 ohm and would allow you to run all 3 of your subs in paralel at that ohm load for increased output.

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3895

I have my doubts about the current RF Power series even handling .5 ohm. I am not sure what RF is doing, as their amp quality has significantly diminished over the last couple of years. Granted, they still make some good equipment, but as far as versatility and capability is concerned, Orion has got RF beat by a great margin.

As I stated in your other thread of the same topic- My vote is 100% for the Orion HCCA.

take it easy,

-zane

those hcca's were kicking arse even when rockford was premium stuff.... many an amp can be said to this effect like the old audio art 100hc, sound stream 3.0 and 6.0 (5.0's and 10.0's blew up) hi current us amps, longer list here than this but there were trick ams even back in the day...infact i would almost say amps back then were even better than today. (not all and not including class d)

Originally posted by audiolife infact i would almost say amps back then were even better than today. (not all and not including class d)
I would without a doubt agree. Especially in RF's case. Back to the days of the Black oval shaped amps or even those of the likes of the old punch 45. -Now those were some amps!!!

take it easy,

-zane

yeah Orion is great amps. My bro in law runs 2 old very old Orion 500's and they still slam his 15's easily but RF is much better even though I use MAAudio

orion hcca is a "special" amp and would walk a freakin dog all up and down a regular punch or power rockford amp to put it simple...in iasca its rated at 50 watts fully capable of over 500 watts rms. cheater amp one of the best

Yea see the HCCA series are for comp purposes mostly made for thier HCCA subs tthier amps are monsters some of the better amps i have seen in my opinion would smoke a RF anyday have seen them do it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.