orion amp wiring question

choochooSS
10+ year member

Dont bufu a rabid Walrus
i am looking at an orion 900.2 2 channel amp. i have 2 4 ohm dual voice coil subs. how do i wire this amp to acheive each of these specifications:

2x225@4 ohm

2x450@2 ohm

1x900@4 ohm

keep in mind i have two 4 ohm dual voice coil subs i want to hook up to this

thanx:)

4 ohm mono load

spk2dvcs.gif

Originally posted by nswartley go to your private messages tab in ur user cp, then in that pulldown menu where it says inbox go to sent messages and delete all of those
Ok good to go , Dahm I swear I had done that alreadu and it was empty , Then I looked again and there were alot in there Thx

WEll without much thought, the 2x450 would be the same as 1x900 but you'd be able to fade the subs to either the left or right...unless you want to do that I suggest you go with 4 ohm bridged as described above. Anyways if you do want to fade the subs, just wire up one channel to each sub, + of amp to positive of voice coil one, - of amp to negative of coil one, then run a wire between the pos and neg of voice coil two. Do this on each sub, and each channel of the amp. I think thats right! Should give you two ohms per channel aka 2x450. Good luck.

doesnt that method make it 2x225 at 4 ohms

i think that if u run the second coil of each sub to its respective channel it will then be wired in parallel thereby making it 2x450 at 2 ohms, right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.