orion 12.2 hccas- american bass 400.1 spl

pumpkinman
10+ year member

decibeldude
hello all i have some questions i need help with..i have two 12.2 orion hccas. i have an american bass 400.1 spl amp the amp pushes 2500 rms at 2 ohms.so that would be 1250 per sub.but the rms on them is 2000[ the subs].now ive been told to run th AB at .05 ohms and it is safe to do but is it safe? so.now is this going to give me more power or less and can this be done with 2 ohm subs...i have a 200 amp alt coming and will be running some batterys which will give the AB 14.8 volts at 1100 rpm on the car engine.is this AB amp going to be enough power for these beast.how do you run it at .05 ohms..? i also have a brand new crunch ground pounder 3000 pro.still iin box..but it only pushes 1500 at 2 ohms.so not enough for two orions..what about strapping them together is this possible..or should i sell the crunch and try to find another American bass..anyone familiar with the american bass 400.1 spl amp..any ideas im driving myself nuts trying to get this all straightened out.. and figured out..any suggestions ideas appreciated..any at all..thanks steve

yeah port them bishez and put the 400.1 @ .5 with good juice and let'er rip //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hey.how goes it..what do you mean they get stanky fast..im certainly confused as hell..ive gotten so many different comments that i dont know who to listen to..people tell me to run them at 1 ohm or 4 ohms or .05..when there 2 ohm subs..i do not want to cook them i just got them..should they only be run at 2 ohms? and do u know if my american bass 401.1 will power them efficiently..im new to this and have gotten so many different opinions on the subs im just confused and dont seem to get correct answers. so could you explain stanky to me..lol..appreciate it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif any oyher suggestions you may have ae appreciated also..thanks again steve

stanky = coils getting too hot and smoking. Ive had a couple of the 15's and out of all of the subs ive played with (and I promise you, its quite alot) they rank pretty low on my list of "SPL" subs mainly because they're not SPL subs. They're pretty and make good SQ subs, but definately not designed to take a ton of power or abuse, with maybe the exception of running them sealed.

As far as what you want to wire them to, are they dual 2 ohm subs? If so then you can wire each coil in parallel on each subs getting a 1 ohm load per driver, then wire both drivers in parallel at .5 ohms. If they get stinky with your normal use, wire them to 2 ohms instead. Problem solved.

If they're still stanky after that, use the classifieds section for them.

sound around..yes i here people knocking them all over..but ive watched them blow most out of the water..i know a friend thats been pounding his hard with smoke for over a year and hes still pounding them hard...ive watched the test between jl. kicker cerwin vega.solo baricks and many others.and they all blew within seconds and the orions kept pounding..all hooked to exzact set up..orion kicked there a$$es //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

That 400.1 is a beast, i have one, its only at 1ohm, but still its an absolute monster. It can take .5 all day, and that thing will throw that power out no problem. I think you might be making more than 4k wrms at .5, but i dont know. Hook it up at .5 youll be fine.

mazda6i07 .thanks for the write..im glad to here from someone that has an american bass.ive wondered about what its potential was..ive been told by alot of folks there a quality amp...im not hooking up yet, have more to get box ,0guage wire, 200 amp alt, and some deep cycle marine batterys.and i hope that will be enough power to feed the American bass, maybe another amp.later on..im still debating on a sealed box or a ported.i have a sealed box im running now with 2 jl-audio 15w4d4s and they hit really hard.people think im running much more then i actually am..lol..but im thinking ported ,because ive liked what ive seen with some nice ported boxes..i will be building it myself..have to figure that all out to..lol ill get there adventually.know of any good box building sites?..hey thanks again for your input its very much appreciated..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

hello all i have some questions i need help with..i have two 12.2 orion hccas. i have an american bass 400.1 spl amp the amp pushes 2500 rms at 2 ohms.so that would be 1250 per sub.but the rms on them is 2000[ the subs].now ive been told to run th AB at .05 ohms and it is safe to do but is it safe? so.now is this going to give me more power or less and can this be done with 2 ohm subs...i have a 200 amp alt coming and will be running some batterys which will give the AB 14.8 volts at 1100 rpm on the car engine.is this AB amp going to be enough power for these beast.how do you run it at .05 ohms..? i also have a brand new crunch ground pounder 3000 pro.still iin box..but it only pushes 1500 at 2 ohms.so not enough for two orions..what about strapping them together is this possible..or should i sell the crunch and try to find another American bass..anyone familiar with the american bass 400.1 spl amp..any ideas im driving myself nuts trying to get this all straightened out.. and figured out..any suggestions ideas appreciated..any at all..thanks steve
I think your best bet is to run get another similar amp(one per sub). meanwhile I would only run 1 sub fully powered , check how that sounds

if u have the electric to back it up, that amp will run all day long at .5 ohm. if u don't, don't try it, because u'll blow the amp quick. but, if u get enough batts, and use the right/enough wire, joo will be just fine. and to snoopdan, i thought that the hcca's took a beating. over on caco, a guy had 2 memphis 4k's strapped to two of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.